Fort hood. Husband Deploying. Can't do it on my own

edited March 2011 in Military moms
I'm five weeks pregnant. My husband is getting ready to deploy for a year. He is going to miss everything... I am having issues meeting other people here... All my friends are going back home during the deployment... I can't. I need some friends I can't do this by myself. Anyone in the fort hood area or anyone that wants to be my friend would be cool... Is it normal for there doctor not to want to see me until I'm eight weeks pregnant

Comments

• I'm sorry :( I'd say that's normal. My doc doesn't do the first visit until ten weeks.
  • I know ur feeling but at least ur hubby will be home not long after ur baby is born my husband leaves 2 weeks after my due date for a year in afghanstsin:( I would do anything for him to be gone during the pregnancy and home for the babys first year :( hope every thing goes good for u and stay in with the frg it will help pass time for u
  • @Nov_baby_fitst My bf lives in Tn and I live in Tx so I basically do everything alone. He's around, but we only see each other every so often until I move to Tn. I just hate going to the Dr's appointments by myself. I feel so lame! =((
  • hi! I live in washington! is that close? yaaaaaa doctor won't see me until im 9 weeks . for me thats no until april. 28. grrrr. I would go in every week if I could.
  • edited March 2011
    OH MY GOD! awesome(: I live in college station
  • U will be ok, we are all here! My sisters boyfriend is at fort hood
  • You can make it. And thank you for the sacrifice that your family makes to defend our country
  • You can do it sweetie. You will have your bad days but you cand do it. My hubby deployed when I was 7 weeks. Right now we are planning the birth for r and r. So that is something big that I have to look forward to. And yes it is completely normal for the doc not to see you till 8-10 weeks, you should get a sonogram at that appt to :) I. Am at Ft Riley but if you need anything feel free to message me!
  • Im from Killeen but I don't live there anymore. If I was I would help out. How old are u? I have younger sisters there still. Im here if u ever want to talk.
  • Im 8 weeks, my husband is at fort hood for now and we live in killeen. Just moved here and i need friends too. Im so nervous.
  • @Carley I am about to turn 20. Is there anything fun to do in killeen? I kinda hate it hear I am use to the city with lots to do. Im from Minnesota.

@beAwesome if you want to e-mail me some time my email is shagen_09@yahoo.com. Just moved here too Been here since the first of January... then my husband was gone for a month for training...

@armywifey23 I'm happy that you get r and r. My husband wont get r and r even though he will be gone from 9 months to a year. the birth would be about 2 weeks before his r and r if he got it... but it doesn't look like its going to happen.

Thank you everyone for your support and your kind words!
  • Hello! I live in belton right outside of killeen and i moved here not long ago from austin. Oh how i miss an actual city life! Im 24 yrs old and a first time mommy. Im actually 37 w 5 d already but i could def use some friends in the area too. My fiancee is pretty much the only person i see everyday and i wud love to have some mommy friends!
  • Not much to do in Killeen sorry. You pretty much have to drive to the other cities. I did a lot of bowling and Putt Putt with my familyy. We also spend a lot of our summers@ Belton Lake.
  • I'm in Killeen as well. Born&raised....sadly. I'm in the army reserves n soon will be TTC.