Fellow hospital workers

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So I work at a hospital as a PCA (CNA) and I'm now 16 weeks pregnant. Yesterday there was a huge issue because I said I couldn't take shingles or scabies patients (per dr orders) and another none pregnant pca threw a fit and said I was getting special treatment. Well I didn't get a dr note cause i didn't think my fellow employees needed that since those kind if patients are rare on our floor. Well now I have to go after working a 12 hour shift to get a dr note and bring it back.
Just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar issue? I'm so fed up I want to transfer floors. Day shift had no problem with just taking my word for it, but the people I work with all night do and it's really upsetting.

Comments

• Shingles/chickenpox exposure is very dangerous for baby. They should know that. Scabies I don't see a valid reason. I care for pts with c-diff, VRE, and MRSA without any problems. Make sure ur wearing gown and gloves as u should and u will be fine. Anyway hope u get some rest after seeing doctor.
  • I work on a ward have a few infected
    Pt's so far everyone been really good about it, that suxs you had to get a dr. note it's meant to be a caring profession. It's only for a short time and as far as I'm concern baby comes first
  • @JenniFurrFurr Screw that other PCA hell your pregnant. The baby is more important than those patients. I just barely told supervisor I'm pregnant and she's been extra nice to me for some reason, but a lady at the clinic told me that would happen. Anyways just continue to do your job like you know how and take it one day at a time.
  • My unit is very helpful for us when we are pregnant and they actually told me what I could and could not take as patients.
    we are supposed to stay away from any respiratory isolation rooms where u would have to wear a mask (droplet and airborne) (flu, tb, meningitis, shingles).. and shingles definitely because we are more prone to get it.
    But we are allowed contact isos like mrsa, cdiff, vre, esbl, etc.. just maintain ur gown and glove and keep on washing ur hands.
  • And if its that bad that they are bullying u.. talk to human resources or employee health for more info.
  • They work I the health field they should know you can't br around that. The Lpns and Rns know this.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My dr said no scabies cause of the treatment they commonly use can possibly be dangerous not the actual scabies. Apparently our hospital policy says the only thing we can't take is the CMV. Do that was why I needed the note. Everyone had been helpful till this point when she the a fit. My managers on my side about it though so I'm not really worried, I just feel let down by my team that this became necessary. If she continues to cause a problem I'm coming to go to hr about her. She has two kids of her own you'd think shed be more understanding.