FINDING IT HARD TO STOP SMOKING

edited March 2011 in September 2011
Really want to stop and finding it so hard

Comments

• I had that problem too. I just cut back day by day. I know it's hard. Just take it one day at a time and you will get there!
  • Thanks think its ma craving lol
  • Me too. Ive set so so many dates and at 21 wks im still at half pack a day, but additive free cigs, so I feel a lil bit better my son isnt getting those nasty chemicals. Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ta lol. Am 16wks on saturday x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i just quit 3 weeks ago and it was one of the hardest things to do... everyone in my home smokes.( i share a 3 bedroom with my sister and her husband) what i did was the night b4 i announced during dinner that i was quitting the next day... and on that first day every time i wanted a cig instead of smoking the whole thing i would just take that first satisfactory puff maybe one or two more and peel it. then i'd put it in the freezer so it wouldn't stale... the next day i'd wait 3+ hours to take that one drag and i'd chew gum all the rest of the time (a minty one helped me because i smoked menthols) the next day i just needed one (one puff) before i went to bed. and then next day my bf quit. he went cold turkey but now he still has a problem with the smoke when he smells it he wants one... but i can sit outside with my sister while she's smoking and not be bothered... mind you i have been smoking for 7 years..

good luck mama i hope this helps...
  • Ta much give it a shot tried patches but passed out x
  • @chazza I have strong cravings too, but I just try thinking of something else. Plus I work a ten hour day and don't bring anything with me. Not having any or being able to go get any really helps!
  • try keeping jolly ranchers in your pockets or some kind of hard candy for whenever you get a craving
  • I used to smoke about a pack a day or so and on january 13 when I found out I was pregnant I said this was my last pack even tho id just bought a carton. And it was hard but since Im in the army and everyone knew I was prego I wasn't allowed to smoke. But my boyfriend smokes so id take a puff of his and it just got gross. Idk I quit before the month was over. If you have support and motivation it'll be easier.
  • I smoked about a pack a day before I got pregnant with my first child so when I got pregnant my doctor told me it was safer for the baby if I still smoked just cut back to about 5a day because quiting would bring alot of stress to the baby so I smoked the whole time with my first and she was 100% healthy I also started smoking ultra lights
  • I can go days without a fag cos bf quit and when I'm at my mams she always smokes outside its when i get to work i work in supported living so don't get a break has such so my few minutes out side having a cig I miss lol but i got 10 days of from Wednesday so won't be smoking so hopefully by time I'm back at work they'll taste disgusting if i do have one lol
  • i feel ya although i haven't smoked since i found out i still find it very hard not to pick up a cigarette, especially when my fiance or other people smoke around me
  • Av cut down. Best a can do. Midwife said it can cause more damage to baby quitting with all the stress it can bring x
  • I think Newports have crack in them, its really really hard to stop & yeah I love my baby but that doesn't change a physical addiction. Its tough. But I've cut back from a pack a day to taking my bd's shorts a few times a day:)
  • Weigh the risks to your baby and ask yourself if its worth potentially ruining your kids whole life for a couple of smokes. Smoking while preg. reduce the amount of oxygen going to the baby.. potentially causing birth defects. The moment I found out was the moment I quit. I think baby is worth a little discomfort. It wont last forever. _7wks 5 days along
  • I smoked my whole pregnancy with my first and shes fine 6pd 5 oz 19in
  • I'm also having a problem quitting. I just ordered an electronic cigarette to help me quit. That way the baby isn't getting all the tar and chemicals and I can slowly wean myself off the nicotine and still get the hand to mouth motion. I've heard its easier to quit off of those than real cigs. I've also bought a bunch of dum dums so I can still have that hand to mouth motion
  • edited March 2011
    Good for you. Congrats! Just because nothing happened one time doesn't mean it wont the next. Why would they put warnings on the packs if there were no risks. Just don't be selfish. The baby doesn't get to choose for itself. It's up to you to make mature decisions. I love smoking too. But I love the idea of giving my kids the best and safest start I can better. 6 lbs is a tiny baby. Underweight was one of the symptoms of smoking. Not all babies that are under weight have smoking moms but maybe there was a side effect and you just didn't notice it.
  • I will be 17 weeks friday and ive been smoking for like 6 or 7 years and i have now cut back to only smoking when i drive! And i will continue to smoke my whole pregnancy only when i drive. The way i look at it is my parents smoked with me, their parents smoked with them and so on and everyone in my family is perfectly healthy. And so is my baby!
  • My child was a small baby because I'm small 5 2 and top out at 122 so dont tell me my child was small because of smoking
  • I didn't. Try reading
  • lj1lj1
    edited April 2011
    Well my sorry to say jadabello7 but im 5 feet 110 pounds and my baby was 7 pounds 8 ounces and 20inches. So your height doesn't mean anything about how big ur baby can be. I have a friend 5feet and about 100pounds and her baby was almost 9pounds. I don't want to make u feel bad but just want to clarify things for other people.
  • lj1lj1
    edited April 2011
    And we don't smoke
  • I wish I never started this conversation lol only joking I like the comments lol hate having ppl tell me right from wrong every1 to there own thats what I say x