just found out i am pregnant at 42. anybody else in their 40's?

edited March 2011 in High risk pregnancy
Having an US next week. We were just married two months ago. I have two teenage girls already. We are excited about having a baby but surprised it happened so quickly!

Comments

• I'm only 22 but I just wanted to say congrats!!!! :)
  • Yay for u guys! Congrats!! :)
  • Congratssss. =) im not 42 but my aunt is. Shes pregnant with her 2nd child. He first is only 3. Shes excited but anxious because shes not sure how the baby will be with her being older
  • Thanks everyone. When I had my first, I was younger than most my friends/coworkers that had kids. Now I am much older! Not many people I know can relate
  • I am 39 trying for my third. I too feel older than everyone! Had my first at 31 and 2nd at 34 good luck!
  • I will be 45 when the baby is born in Oct., worried about all the possible complications I may have but trying to be optimistic, prelim. Results of my CVS, the FISH test came back normal, now just have to wait for the final results in 10 days. I hate waiting!
  • I am 37 and I am so nervous with this one because of my age. I had a nuchal scan last Friday so waiting on results of that to come back.
  • Yay!! Congrats! My mom was 42 when she had me n she had had her tubes tied for 7 years. This baby will definitely keep u young!
  • I'm 41 and 25 weeks preg with my third... I have a 15 year old and a 12 year old.. having my third boy... Congrats to you..
  • I'm 37 and pregnant with my forth baby third boy. My kids are 18, 16, and 9. This little man was a surprise. He must have a purpose. Congratulations and good luck!
  • im not. but congrats!! its nice to see older wiser mommies on here(:
  • edited April 2011
    Ill be 39 a week before bby is born! I have a.13(b) & 10(g) and this surprise.bby. I felt old but Ive met ppl older. Just the thought of starting ALL over makes.me sick!! But bby is healthy and Im Blessed to have a bby in me!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • I'm 38 n I have an 19, n 14 old boys n a 9 yr old girl n I'm 25 weeks 4 days, just have to say congratulations to u have a happy pregnancy :-)
  • hi hi hi I'm 41 years old and will be 42 when this baby comes!
    I am so worried about being old and pregnant...I'd love to connect with older moms. I am 10+weeks pregnant
    Natalie =P~
  • My mum was 40when she found out she was pregnant with my little sister. Within 5 months of finding out my brother and sister both told her they was expecting too, so she gained a grandson and grandaughter aswell as her own whilst being an older Mum. This was 14 years ago. With my bro and sis theres an 18 month age gap then she had me 9 years later, then my little sis 13 years after me. Talk about big gaps ha!
  • My mom had a baby at 40. I think that is awesome. I think she was getting lonely at home since most of left the nest years ago. (it was obvious that she was lonely)lol So her grandson is 5 months younger then his aunt. She is a wonderful mother.... to 6 of us!!
  • Yep. I just turned 40 on Sunday and this is our first! \:D/
  • @babyruth Hi, Im 41 and pregnant myself.. Im due in July.. Nice to meet you!!
  • I'm 40 and due in August. This is my 4th. I have a 15,3,and 22month old.
  • I turn 39 this Friday. Pregnant with my first, due 10/31.
  • @jenzoe1 hi back :) did you have tests for high risk ?
    Natalie
  • @babyruth. I had a million tests done before I even conceived because of multiple miscarriages. And, yes, I have been seeing a high risk Dr. As well as my own. Had amnio Done @16 weeks. Now going through weekly non stress tests. Happy to report I have a healthy baby in there.:)

• 38 here. This is my third. Finally a girl!!!! 24wks. Bloods came back abnormal but amino came back perfect. Congrats to you.
  • Congrats ! It was meant to be! I am 26 ans my bf is 38 and this is his first and my second..we are bth really xcited and weve decided to leave my tubes untied since he is prepared to make a baby factory out of me lol..truth is he wished we had tried sooner no matter what age babies make life and intimatcy a wonderful journey as opposed to boring routines..enjoy your new adventure!
  • lucky all of you...my mother and law has been trying to conceive she only had one baby..(my bd) poor her...but congrats to all of you