baby is what we eat

edited January 2011 in Health
Today I was watching the dr's (channel 2 9am) nd they said if u eat unhealthy foods like fried food ur baby will b more aggresive than if u eat healthy foods. They tested it on monkeys and said the ones who ate healthy had "good babies". Do u believe this?

Comments

• No I dnt lol I eat take out food with all my pregnancy but one ....the one I ate healthy with is the aggersive one
  • Lol so ur suggestion is 2 eat as unhealthy as u can lol :-P jk.
  • I ate a hole cake everyday with my daughter,an man she is a diva,and 5,,,but thats just girls,, great baby tho an I know that much cake is not good
  • I'm a psych major so I feel compelled to answer this. Just because its proved in animal testing does not necessarily mean that it can be applied directly to humans with out some error. Behavior is a mixture of variables for a number of psychological theories. Those variables are environment, the biological and experience. So, no..don't think its worth a hill of beans. Sometimes statistics are read with bias toward a theory if it lacks potential credibility. One also has to consider that some behaviors go against the nature of the organism. Children are not innately violent so it would be against their nature to be violent from a biological variable such as food. Just my opinion mind you
  • @mrslamaster wow that is some craving! And yea that's just girls regardless.

@outlaw_sphinx that was very insighful. I didn't believe it that much when I watched the special because like you said just because it's tested on animals doesn't mean its directly applied 2 humans. And I know there are other variables (including stress) that also factor into the behavior of a child after it's born.
  • Yeah..its kinda cool to think about..but effing scary when its your own kids lol
  • Ya I know cant beleve it either I gained a hole nother person.i was 135by the time I had her I was almost300,, luckly I lost it all took 4 years now im prego again and wont even look at cake cus I know what will happen, im 16weeks now an only gained like 10 lbs or a lil more,, I do still splirg alil but I make sure its not everyday.lol
  • Or cake,,lol
  • Yea I know I want my child 2 b extremely healthy not 1 single health issue so I don't have 2 basically live in the doctors office. I'm scared 4 him 2 have asthma because the father n I both do. And just knowing wht I went through n what my mom went through sleepin with me on her chest everynight 2 make sure I was breathing is scary. And I want him 2 b quiet like my nephews who r really good babies who hardly cry but I have been extremely stressed this whole pregnancy, crying hysterically, yelling and screaming, and not sleeping at times.
  • @mrslamaster woooow you gained over 160lbs?! Wht did ur doc say?! Lol that is crazy I would hve gotten tired of the cake eventually but thankfully the baby was healthy. N ur right stay far far away 4rm the cake this time.
  • Ya I know my doc didnt say any thing she thought it was water cus I was small to start out with,,, bull crap,,water goes away fast, fat dont,,lol
  • Lol 160lbs of water? Wooowww. And @ least it went away I'm just trying 2 imagine eating that much cake like I couldn't have. I hate tasting the same thing 2 much...it ruins my appetite 4 it