Want my tubes tied

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So I am currently prego with my 2nd baby edd sept 17th. I have my next check up next week and want to discuss having a c-section with this one so I can have my tubes tied at the same time. I will be 29 when I give birth to this child but I am not married. I do not intend on marrying the bd. And I do not want anymore children after this baby, 2 different bd's are enough for me. So my questions are do you think my doctors will allow me to get my tubes tied and if so think my insurance will cover it?

Comments

• Yes, you are well above the age limit to get them tied, and I believe it does. Check with your insurance or medicaid office! :)
  • I'm thinking about getting mine done too. I am married, but also on my second and twos enough for me!! I'm 28
  • Probably with you being 29. What kinda ins u got?
  • I thinl its 3 or more cause they feel u might change ur mind I'm 22 I asked the samething n I believe 3 is enuff( carryin twins) n yes ur insurance should cover it...but my doctor talked to me bout the 10yr iud which I'm a lil nervous bout...but ask ur doctor n see wat they said
  • Aetna...ive been asking since I had my.son 9 years ago lol! Im very happy I didnt then very excited for our little addition.
  • Yea ur over the age limit. Talk to ur doc about insurance paying for it
  • It's 27 or 3 children if you have Medicaid you need to have the paperwork done at least 30 days before your due date for them to pay for it. You might can't get the paperwork done now already.
  • I asked my dr for the iud but bc im single they will not let me have it. Higher rish for pelvic infections.
  • Im only 14w2d just thinking way ahead. Thank you all for the responces!!
  • Yr welcome...good luck :x
  • Tn its 21 or 3 kids and medicaid pays for it.
  • Ive been thinkin about this im 25 an this bbys my 3 an I REALLY DONT WANT ANYMORE do u think they would do me an if so what is it that they do ? Do they cut anything away?
  • Im in the u.k
  • My friend had hers tied after 2 kids and she was 21 at the time, but this is texas
  • Im having mine done but my dr said they can do it laproscopically (sp) through your vag so u dont have to be cut open!
  • And she was only on medicaid.
  • I want mine done. My insurance wouldn't pay for the iud and now they gotta pay for the pregnancy. What idiots! Ill even pay outta pocket if I have to for tubes tied
  • I was gonna get mine tied but my husband's gettin a vasectomy instead. It's less painful, shorter recovery time & cheaper. There's no reason for me to have an unwanted csection just to have my tubes tied.
  • Ok so i did research n u have to be 21 n medicaid covers it....also if ur married ur husband has to sign also saying u can get ur tubes done
  • @StarKrayzie You don't have to have a c section to have them tied anymore. I just had mine done last Thursday after I gave birth vaginally to baby #4. My OB did it laprascopy thru a small incision just below my belly button. I had an epidural for the delivery, so they just left it in and gave me a mild sedative in the or.
  • In new York state u only have to be 21 doesn't matter about kids I almost got mine done with only having one child