B6 Vitamin and Unisom?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Has anybody's doctor told them to take this for morning sickness? If so does it work?

Comments

• It worked for a couple wks for me but then out stopped and I had to get Zofran from my dr.
  • @MelissaNsteve would you take it at night? I"m just worried about the unisom making me drowsy during the day since I work.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I take unisom to fall asleep and sleep pills don't work well on me so I recommend trying sea sickness tablets.
  • @dncrcass yeah, thats why I'm concerned that it will make me too drowsy during the day. She said take a B6 and half a unisom
  • I took 50 mg of b6 during the day and a half of Unisom at night. I hope it works for you!
  • @MelissaNsteve Thanks, I'm gonna try it out tonight!
  • Yes! I swear by it!!! After 4 days in the hospital and the threat of going back for another stay my doctor recommended it and it worked wonders. Zofran and phenegrine made me vomit and was very expensive even with insurance and both of them will make you sleepy as well. I took a whole unisom at night but only half of one during the day and it didn't seem to make me drowsy in the daytime, I'm sure its different for everyone though. Make sure you get the tabs and not the gel caps so you can cut them in half. Up until a few weeks ago (I'm 35 weeks now) I was still taking half a unisom @ night, it was the only way I could keep food down the next morning. Best of luck, I hope it works for you!
  • @dncrcass If this doesn't work then I'll try Zofran. I just have a little nausea right now so if it gets worse I'll need something better. Thanks for the advice! :)
  • I tried it but it wasn't enough for me. I went on zofran as well which helped for some of the time but not always. Once the sickness started to ease up a bit I started taking a half a unison at night and then the zofran every four hours. That's what I'm doing now and its working well. For the first 14 weeks nothing really helped unfortunately. My Drs biggest concern was dehydration. I went in a couple of times for iv fluids which made me feel better as well. Hopefully the unison will be enough for you. If not just take it day by day and keep your eye on the prize! :)
  • @bulgarianbaby Thanks hun! There is nothing worse than feeling nauseous to me so I'll give it a try! :)
  • Yes my doc presribed me that! Ur only taking half the regular dose of sleeping med and vitamin b6 is for energy I didnt feel any extra tired! But it didnt work very long for me and I did have to break down and get the zofran, however that didnt cure it...just made it so I didnt throw up as much! But some people swear by it! Different for everyone...goodluck hope u get relief soon! :)
  • Unisom is the same drug as Benadryl, Tylenol PM (its Benadryl with Tylenol). Dramaine is the same thing. B6 is good, but it doesn't help with extreme cases. Zofran is a miracle pill, I live on it. Good luck!