i have a 2 yr old daughter due with second in oct...

I have one child a little girl who is two and I'm due with my second in october. She has a step sister from her biological father. I'm worried about how she's going to be with mommy having another baby. She's been the only child with me. Anyone have any advice on how to help with not making her feel left out as the pregnancy progresses and when the baby comes... kinda stressing out about it...

Comments

• maybe get her excited about being a big sister,im sure everything will be fine..congrats and good luck =) hey im also due in oct
  • That's what we've been doing now. We go in for our first ultra sound april 6th and were takjng her with us. I'm due oct. 18. Whens ur due date?
  • I'm due with my 2nd October 14th!! My son is 15 months old so he will b close to 23 months when the baby is born!! Good luck momma! Dnt have much advise tho BC well I'm pretty much in the same boat lol
  • My Daughter just turned 3 when her sister was born. They have loved eachother from day 1. Now my youngest is 8 months and I'm due sept 9. My oldest is so excited, I'm just worried my youngest will be jealous
  • I'm.wondering the same since my daughter is almost two with a sibling comming. I think they naturally have instinct to grow and prepare for a new baby. So at first its an adjustment we all make work
  • I am in the same place my son. Will turn two in sept and this little one will be due in oct. I am worried because it took us so long o get pregnant the first time our life pretty much revolvs around him so this is going to be a big change for all of us
  • I'm worrying about the same thing; I have a little girl who will be 3 in May & I'm due with another girl July 31st... my husband works & goes to school full time & my little girl is SUCH a mommy's girl! I am absolutely terrified of how she'll take not being the sole center of my universe... the only highlight for me is knowing my husband has saved all of his vacation time for then & will also be out of school the whole summer; we'll have him all to ourselves for 3 weeks when she's born- hopefully that will help a lot! :)
  • edited March 2011
    I feel the same way my daughter just turned 1 mar. 5th and I'm sorry worried that she'l feel left out. I'm due oct 16 but I'm also happy because me and my sister is 1yr and 9days apart an we fought some growing up but now were the best of friends. I'm Happy that my daughter be able to experience as well
  • I feel the same way my daughter just turned 1 mar. 5th and I'm sorry worried that she'll feel left out. I'm due oct 16 but I'm also happy because me and my sister was 1yr and 9days apart an we fought some growing up but now were the best of friends. I'm Happy that my daughter be able to experience as well
  • My daughter will be 2 in may she's very good with other babies but I'm scared its going to be different when its her brother or sister but where I'm from they have sibbling classes for free I'm going to take her through the class and hopefully it helps
  • Get her a baby doll. And give it to her the day the baby is born. And when you do something with the baby have her do it with hers. Like feedings and diaper changes and bathing. And anytime she wants to help you out let her. They are great helpers. Good luck.
  • I have already got my 31 mons old daughter a doll, she changes, feeds and puts to bed.2 friends and my sis had baby girls last fall so I can't seem to convince her this babys a boy. Idk how she will handle it but she loves babies so I know it'll be fine. I hope hsbd and I can be there for both of them. 8->
  • Me too... my son will be 2 1/2 and it such a mammas boy, attention seeker, ugh.