Baby Shower Food ideas

Hi I need some help..I'm having my baby shower soon and the person who was throwing it decided last second goin on vacation was more important. I have no clue what kind of food I should have. Help plz :]

Comments

• Mini cut or made snacks. Such as
    Pretsals, cookies, piggys in blankets, chips, mini veggies. Mini cupcakes muffins,
    Things people can munch on and play games with. They are not there for lunch, just fun n snacks.
    Oh and get martini glasses and fill them with mm 's and skittles, mini candies with spoons for serving. And shotglasses full of mini candies that people can pick up n go :-)
  • I guess my fam does baby showers the less "traditional" way. I'm serving a full on meal lol. Chicken and beef tacos, rice, beans, chips, salsa, salad, veggie and fruit platters. We tend to have big parties for baby showers heck we even get a jumper for the kids and have games for them.
  • Pick your favorite foods! That's what I ha mini sandwiches. Potato salad. And punch with sherbet in it. :)
  • Fruit bowls and veggie bowls
    chips and dip
    Rotel and chicken wings
    Potato salad or just regular salad
  • Potatoe n macaroni salad.I ordered at 6ft hero from Walmart for $25 u just have to buy the dressing...ziti.rice and beans.I also did veggie platters.I had a limited budget for my friends baby shower and it didn't help she kept inviting more n more ppl.I bought all decorations from the $1 store with exception of a few things from party city.it looked like I spent double the amount n everyone told me how beautiful n great it was.good luck.if u want to contact me I can help u with some stuff.
  • Blend a bag of double stuf oreos in a blender (a few at a time) until they are all really fine crumbs, mix in a package of softened cream cheese using a hand mixer. Roll the mixture into little balls then melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over the balls. Looks super fancy but is cheap and only takes about 20 minutes to make. You can also add raspberry filling or cherries or whatever you want to make it even fancier.

Chicken salad, ham rolls, pasta salad, cheese balls, fruit, chocolate dipped strawberries are all party favorites that are quick and easy. Don't be afraid to ask someone for help either, you don't need to be stressed about your own shower.
  • edited March 2011
    For my first baby almost 11yrs ago my aunt made a fruit salad but she hallowed out a watermellon by cutting about 1/4 off it like a corner and using the rind for a handle and pineapple rounds for wheels and turned it into a baby carrige with top it was so cute.
    Instructions on youtube
  • Both of our families are from the south so I know it will likely be southern style foods (fried chicken, collard greens, mac n cheese, deviled eggs, ect). I'm just not sure if it will be cookout style or catered. I'm kind of picky. I'm not a big fan of a lot of people cooking/bringing different foods. Its gonna be a pretty large shower (75-100 ppl) so it may get expensive to cater. We're also expecting guys and girls. My bf even asked if we could have beer there for the guys. I know...its not traditional at all, but that's how we do it. Our parents are hosting.

For my cousins shower we did italian. Lasagna, salad, garlic bread. It was cost effective and everybody loved it.
  • For one baby shower we got it catered by lascaris...italianfood. my next one were ordering 3 giant burritos with beans n rice. Then we'll have snacks n stuff too of course :)
  • I want a taco baby shower!
  • We are having deviled eggs, yummy bread (which is mayo, parmesan, minced olive, and green onion mixed then baked on top of a loaf of french bread cut in half) meat and cheese tray, veggie tray. I am also putting on the invites for people to bring a dish to share! It takes some of the food budget off of the planners! Oh and cake! I'm having white cake with strawberry frosting and strawberry filling lol! Oh also potato salad and mac salad!
  • Omg I should of never read threw here. I want potato salad now. Were im I gona get it at this time at night :-?
  • Lmao at roxy ... Mine is not traditional either were having a cookout bar b q chicken,hamburgers,hot dogs, spanish rice, devil eggs ,baked mac n cheese, bush's honey baked beans yumm, fruit bowls, cheese n cracker platter,chips,and sherbert fruit punch,sodas,capri suns for the kids
  • Thank u ladies so much! This is a great help I appreciate it a lot
  • My baby shower is this sat nd we just ordered sandwhiches and finger foods from wamart nd it wasnt so expensive :)
  • My baby shower im going to have some seafood maybe like fish and shrimps or maybe bar-b-que good food many dont wanna sit for hours and just eat sandwiches
  • Make a sandwich bar thing! Some different breads, meats, condiments, cut up veggies and just have a line and let them make their own! Get some sodas, water, juices, different chips, and a fruit platter maybe.
    I like the idea of candies in wine glasses.

Dessert- just do a homemade cake or sundae bar.

• Keep it simple just make shredded chicken sandwiches sloppy kiss chips or pretzels a verge tray cake and icecream for desert and a punch and bottled water
  • stupid touch screen I ment vegie tray and sloppy joes not sloppy kiss lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Finger sandwiches, meatballs, fruit tray, vegie tray, seafood pasta pickles, olives
  • edited March 2011
    We are having pulled pork bbq sandwiches, banana/wafer pudding, chips, pickles, tuna salad, and im making homemaid white cupcakes with a homemaid strawberry filling and buttercream frosting. :)
  • edited March 2011
    4r my showr we havn bbq meatballs, finger sandwichs, fried drumettes, dirty rice, jambalya, devil eggs, fruit/vegetable tray n a few otha snacks + refreshments. An of course da cake. :)
  • You could always just do a dessert shower...im thinking for my shower we are just going to have a chocolate fountain with all kinds of sweet and salty things to dip into it.
  • For my baby shower my dad is hireing some to make tacos
  • At mine we are making. Crab puffs, egg rolls, vegie tray, spinach dip with bread, instead of a cake we are having Pink zebra print cupakes, spinach salad, and some other things I cant remember
  • Im cambodian, n we always throw big parties. So guys n girls will be there. Around 85 ppl n im gona gave cake, fried rice, chow mien, egg rolls, fried banana, spegetti, french bread with butter n green onion baked in the oven, n since my husband is black, well have a bbq, fried chicken, with greens, potatoe salad n mixfruits salad, of course beer for the guys n soda n water n wine for whoever.... I cant wait. N well have a jumper for the kids. Im having mines at a park.
  • Mines is going to have everything I'm craving for. Haha. We're from the south so we're doing a crawfish boil! It's not going to be the "traditional'' baby shower but I do not want my guest to leave hungry. We're doing big meals and lots of sides and snack and sweets. It's a co ed shower too, the more the merrier.
  • Can't go.wrong with chips and dip. I also made these jalapeno poppers with cream cheese wrapped in bacon. I had a lot of fruit and my MIL made a bread bowl dip thingy. To drink I had strawberry sherbet mixed with sprite