anyone else not have their mother?

edited March 2011 in First time moms
This is my 1st child and I have no mother to ask questions and get advice. I lost my mother ten years ago and my boyfriend lost his 3 years ago. I feel jealous of other people who have their moms to help them. I feel like my mom and my boyfriends mom were stolen from us. How am I supposed to know what to do? I'm even nervous I won't know how to be a mom at all because I didn't have one for so long. Anyone else out there?

Comments

• Aww, my mom left me when I was 8 yrs old, so I kind of know how you feel. Sometimes I get scared that I won't love my children enough and won't be able to bond with them. But I have a great support system with lots of friends and family that are willing to help.
    What about you?
  • I have my boyfriend and two sisters. My two sisters are on the wrong path and I don't ask them about anything. My boyfriends sister is nice, but she us ten yrs older than me and I find it hard to connect with her. I make my boyfriend call her when I'm worried about something. But that's about it. I have a couple friends and they don't have children. I guess I just wish I had my mom or grandma. I was really close with my boyfriends mom and we lost her too. It's like fate is making me do this on my own.
  • I lost my mother 3 years ago, but luckily I have my mother in law. Look to a grandmother, aunt, or close family friend for advice. Get books on taking care of babies and advice, or just a good support group which most hospitals offer. My hospital has free visiting nurses till the kid is 5 to help let you know that everything your doing is right.
  • I lost my mother two years ago and it upsets me because she was such a big part of my life and it really hurts not to have her with me in this big part of my life..luckily I have a really close cousin that has been helping me through this all..I think we have to be strong and reach out to everyone and anyone we can for advice and know that our mothers are with us in spirit...good luck just know there are others out there like u and are willing to give u support and a shoulder if you need it!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you for the support. I am glad I am not the only one out there. Thanks also for the advice. I know my mother is with me in spirit.
  • I completely understand ill be 30 next month and I have lost both parents my mom just this last year. She was always the one I would call but now I can't I have a wonderful mother in law but its not the same. Just look to those around you and on here.
  • My mother passed away unexpectedly 3weeks before my son was born in 2008.hes my 2nd child but only living.my 1st baby was stillborn at 31wks..her and my mother were buried less than a year apart :( but after having my son i had a really hard time coping bc we had planned for her to stay with me and help me.I have a mother in law but we are not close and i feel like she tries to over take my mothers position or just hers in general if that makes sense.so she doesnt come over much.if you need help advice or just want to talk you can message me! I am 23 my son made it through almost 3yrs with just my maternal instincts so i think im doing pretty good!!and i can relate to the jelous feeling..its more envious tho and i cant stand to see people disrespect theirmothers bc its so hard to live without them.
  • @lilmomma070811 I'm sorry you had to go through that too. I have the same problem of being envious and not being able to stand people who disrespect their mothers. Sometimes I'm strong and like today, I was very weak. I hardly ever cry over my mother, but since I have been pregnant, I miss her more than anything.
  • @lisamarie- I totally understand where u are coming from I lost my mom thanksgiving week of 2004. I've really been missing her since I found out I was preggo I'm eight weeks but I've also found out who my true friends are too. My older cousin has been a godsend and some friends I have made along the years. I know we want our mommies here but just feel some comfort in knowing your not alone. U can ask me anything too helped raise a niece and was a preschool teacher :) it will get better I promise. Oh yeah another thing you can do is name your future baby aftr the first initial of your moms name. My lil sis did that (both her kids names start with a c) and its a nice subtle tribute to your mom. :)
  • I recently lost my mom back in nov of 2010 to cancer we didn't even know she was sick and the cancer took het within 3wks we were completely devestated... I still feel so lost without her, i've never had a baby without her but i'am grateful that I have my sisters to help me through it.. Im so sorry u have to go through this without ur mom I wish u nothing but the best god bless u sweetheart...