who's ttc afrer a recent mc?

edited March 2011 in Trying to conceive
I'm going through a mc right now, it's happening naturally which I'm happy about because I had to have a d&c with the last one and I'd rather not do that ever again. My Dr told me yesterday that I need to wait at least 6 weeks to start trying again. But I wanna just start trying immediately. What do you ladies think?

Comments

• Hello there. First off so sorry for your loss!!!! I recently had a miscarriage on the 10th of March. I just went into have my 2 weeks check up on Wednesday and the doctor told me that I could start trying after my first period. Your suppose to wait to have sex 2 weeks after it happens (D&C). I couldn't, I waited a week lol... I had to have a D&C because there was NO way I could do it naturally. I give you props! My mom didn't have a D&C done when she miscarried the first time and she went natually the 2nd time and could never carry again. The doctors told her if she would of had a D&C done with them she could of carried the last few babies. So I opted to have a D&C. I haven't started my period yet but I was also told by a few people that you are most fertile after a miscarriage and a D&C. I want to start ASAP as well. I am glad you posted this because I wanted to post something as well!!! Your not alone hunny!!! I just want to figure out how I can get pregnant again quicker this time instead of it taking me 7 months. I wish you luck and again SO very sorry for your loss!!! I know it is very hard! This is the first one I have went through and I hope to NEVER have to do it again!! I would never wish it upon anyone either!!! Good luck to you!!!
  • I had a m/c in Sept. 2010. My Dr. recommended waiting for 2 normal period's after before trying again.I conceived in December,I'm now15weeks.Good luck to you.
  • I've recently mc on the 14th naturally which is good but sad too. This was my first pregnancy. Everything was good nothing was effected jus was spontaneous. Well since I stopped bleeding we have been having unprotected sex no pain no nothing doc said I was good, tho she wanted us to wait until a month but I couldn't help it. My sexual desire has been heightened TMI SRRY. But if it happens it happens I hope so
  • @Phoenix_Bennu hun i m/c on the 8th...we have been doing the same.!!it confuses me because i don't know when I'm suppose to have my af..I'm wondering if it doesn't come will we still be able to get preggo
  • @praying4our3rd did ur af come before u got preggo 2weeks after ur m/c?
  • I'm very sorry about your loss. I had a m/c on Feb 19th and the doctor told me to wait 3 months. I'm going to start tycoon as soon as I can. Good luck and baby dust to you!
  • Thanks ladies for the advice. I'm sorry for all of your loss' as well. It sucks because I have been bleeding for two weeks, it has finally stopped today, so hopefully I can have one normal cycle then I will try again. I pray that we all have healthy pregnancies and babies one day.
  • @mommyofangels did you get af yet after your mc? I had mine around the same time as yours, on Feb 15th and still no af...