trying to be patient.....long sorry

I'm 15 weeks and 2 days preggo. My family knows. My bf parents still don't. I told him he could wait til we were out of first trimester because of the risk of miscarriage. I didn't want to tell everyone and jinx it. Well he had gotten his exgf of five years pregnant. They were on and off and had a volatile relationship. They seperated last august him and I began dating in november and got pregnant a month later. So she had her daughter in november. Beautiful baby that we get every tues thurs and Saturday for five hours (after months of drama with ) anyways his family constantly jokes no more kids. Him and his bm also have a almost 3 year old. well now he doesn't want to tell his family and doesn't want me to tell anyone in case they see something on facebook and find out.

My arguement to him is that this baby is here to stay (knock on wood) and the longer he waits the more upset they'll be. We have done a 3d ultrasound and my mom hs already fell in love with the baby and his mom is missing out on that which is unfair to her. Also whe I had my 3 year old I was 17/18 and was soo upset I moved cities to my moms and didn't tell anyone. I felt so isolated and regretted it. This bby is most likely my last and I want to document every moment and tell people write it on facebook. I don't want it to appear I'm ashamed of my child. I want to share my happiness with evryone but I can't because his family might see.

His arguement. if he tells his family its going to put additional stress on him that he doesn't need and that I a being selfish for not doing this one thing for him...

To his defense he is an amazing dad and he is very excited for the baby but his family especially his mom have the tendency for not lettin anything go and nagging constantly but I think he needs to deal with it. He was grown enough to make the baby he can tell his family. After all ivebeen through with his pregnancy anaggin is not a huge sacrafice.

Am I being selfish ladies? Anyone else going through this?

Comments

• I am not going through this situation but I can give my advice. I can understand where he is coming from he doesn't want the added stress but like you stated the longer he waits the more upset his family may be. I would have a talk with him and let him know he doesn't have to go to his family and tell them but he also can not contain your enjoyment which means you are going to post it any and every where and if someone finds out oh well atleast he won't have to bring up the issue because they will already know.
  • Well we found out yesterday its a boy so I'm hoping since its his firstboy hell be more excited to tell before it resorts to that BUT my mom is his friend and mine on facebook and she wrote hr status.... "just saw a penis..... and it made me cry" lol she's a weirdo well my bf decided to like the comment which puts it as an announcement on his page. Well my mom wasn't mentioning any names. I just checked and my lil sister commented "geeze mom that's gross why don't you just say ashleys having a son" soooo being as his family is nosey I hope they look at the link on his page and then see it lol I doubt it but here's to hoping lol I get my way withoutbeing the bad guy and he can't get mad a 13 year old...