c-section scar

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Hey! Does anyones scar still feel numb n uncomfortable? Is there anything to make it not aso sensitive?? I hate shaving over it so this is tmi but I let my hair grow months cuz hurts to shave lol does anyone have same problem??? I just shaved everything n it wasn't as bad but has anyone had a second scar how long does it take to heal and do u shave over it?

Comments

• Btw my scar is gonna be 6 years old September 21st so it shouldn't be numb right??
  • That's odd, mine doesn't bother me at all. & I got mine in 2008.
  • I have a scar from ovary removal and its right where my moms c section scar is and mine will itch now and then but thats all
  • Mine still for the most part has no feeling when it does its sore and I have had mine since January 2008
  • Mine is sensitive. I never shave over it, just around it. The thought of shaving over it makes me squirm! Lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine doesn't bother me nor is it numb. I got it almost 3 years ago.
  • @1mama lol I know shaving over it I DO squirm I love being clean shaven but don't like shaving over it I found if u shave to the side its way better so u leave a big patch?? How old is ur scar? I'm never gonna be able to shave after this second one :/ lol even touching round it is so sensitive I don't get it! But I have a scar from when I was 13 or so n I'm 29 n THAT one still feels weird! Maybe just my sensitive self lol can I put anything on it to make it less sensitive??
  • Lol mines doesn't hurt or itch anymore and I shave over mines and it doesn't hurt me at all and I had my scar since April 2006
  • Wow so lucky cuz mine is uncomfortablr from 05!!
  • Uncomfortable
  • I've had two c- sections... and yes it hurts. It's pretty numb but I had my city ultrasound about a week ago and she pushed on it a lot and I was in tears.:( I'm sorry hun.
  • sorry first ultrasound.
  • That's so weird to see so many people have issues! I shave & everything & can barely notice it anymore. Never hurt me, even weeks after I got it, its not numb either!
  • When was ur 1st n then 2nd?? Ur pregnant again? Ya if someone pushed on it or even touched lightly I jump n it hurts now scared to get 2nd how long does 2nd take to heal??? Ur sooooo lucky u can shave n have no issues all of u lol mine is number after 5 years n 6 months!! :( I'm sorry they pushed on it n it felt uncomfortable I would be in tears too :( maybe we r more sensitive than other people Is that y? So does vitamin e help or anything??
  • Mine is always weirdly numb. Only been 22 months but still.
  • 5 years later and mine still feels funny, I had to have mine reopened three days after surgery because I was bleeding inside. I guess when they reopen them like that they can't staple it closed again so I had to let it heal on its own. Unfortunately that left me with a ton of fused scar tissue and the stretching from this baby is making it hurt so bad!! I hope they can remove some of the scar tissue I have once I have this c-section.
  • edited March 2011
    * oops, double post...
  • @mommyof2nd my first was 12 years ago my second was 2 & 1/2 years and yes this is number three for me and last. Maybe we are just more sensitive then others... Idk? But it sure did hurt.
  • I have had 2 c-sections...my oldest being almost 10, and yes, it sucks :-(
    It doesn't hurt, but it is definitely numb and funky feeling. I feel the same way about shaving. C-section #3 scheduled for September...
  • Wow so nice 2 hear how many ppl feel the same as me! Ya not hurting but feels numb n just weird only we know the feeling hehe @myowndisaster omg that is sooooo scary!! Did they do it wrong or what?? Ur gonna have another c-sec n they better dow it right when r u due again?? Wow @wallie 12 years I thought mine was ridiculous after 5 hahaha I ask other ppl they say just itch a lil but having a razor go over it really feels soooo weird n I'm always wanting to be clean shaven when I was preg with Ayden I shaved every week even huge belly used a mirror lmao now I'm scared n gonna be even more scared I don't like any hair shave my arms everything n hate having a bush lmao but I'm lazy with it cuz it feels too weird :( now a 2nd cut ouch! Never gonna be able 2 shave again!!!! :(
  • How do u gurls shave over it?? U let hair grow or trim or? I know tmi lol I'm just curious how many other people go thru the same and how they deal with it...
  • This will be my third c section after the first one it was really numb and sore to the touch that was in 07 then they cit the old scar out and gave me a new one no pain at all but still numn tjat was in 09 so lets see how this one will be
  • @mommyof2nd I really dnt kno much bcuz this is my first but my sister had a c-sec n she said it hurt her to shave also so I dnt think its nethng to actually stress or worry about
  • @keelz oooh 3rd! How was the second did they cut right on same line? Do they always use staples? Scary!! Ya 1st is numb n sore don't want it touched at all! Gonna really b sensitive on 2nd one! Ya hopefully it will be better... do u shave it at all or leave it alone?? Lol
  • How did ur sis deal with the shaving?? Can't just leave the hair grow hahaha
  • @beauty r u having c-sec too? When r u due??
  • I still shave even though it hurts or feels weird at least. I also don't like hair at all so I have to shave it all! Lol.
  • I know I let mine grow for 2 months could u imagine LOL I just flinch everytime I go over it... do u go sideways I found it feels more weird when up n down ouch! Too bad they had to cut where we shave!! Lol
  • I'm VERY sensitive wit pain or anything!! When r u due this time??