first ultrasound..

edited March 2011 in November 2011
So nervous! Hubby and I tried for two years with no luck, got separated and BAM! Pregnant after seeing each other during our second month separated. Needless to say, very excited, and nervous. I don't know what to expect, im 8 weeks, I just want to hear the heartbeat and know baby is safe. Any advice for a first timer, ever??

Comments

• Its usually a vag ultrasound.. so shave your legs atleast! I didn't cause I didn't know. Lol
  • Relax! :) First they will probably use the abdominal wand just to see, but more than likely they will have to do a vaginal ultrasound. You can expect to see the heartbeat and your little one squirming. As for what baby looks like, around that time it will probably look like a peanut but you may see its arms and legs....I never got one at 8 weeks, just 6, 7, 10, and 13 with my little ones. One thing I always did before I went though was look on google images and type in ultrasound at 8 weeks pregnant. Tons will come up and your baby will look close to theirs. Congrats hun and best of luck with your pregnancy! :D
  • @Booshysbaby That sounds like a movie, lol. Well congrats and I'm happy for you. Expecting is so exciting!
  • Oh and vaginal ultrasounds suck, but to me that take better pics of the baby! :)
  • @caroline8_p Lmao I just don't care. My legs were shaved, but not my vagina. I bet my OBGYN was like "Eww" lmao. *shrugs* Oh well. Lol.
  • I'm sure they see it all! My leg hairs are black on my olive skin.. so its noticeable! Lol
  • My first ultrasound was late in pregnancy and also found out the sex that day. Only thing was I was laying on the table so long my legs went numb.
  • I usually do shave everything, but I've just gotten a tad lazy! lol.
  • I think im already lazy..... :) thank you!
  • I'm also 8 weeks and get my first ultrasound tomorrow for dates and viability...I'm so excited and nervice...hope my baby is ok!! good luck to u!!
  • I feel like I'm more nervous everyday. Lol I'm 8 weeks tomorrow, and reading a lot. I'm concerned about ectopic, missed miscarriage, stillbirth. I'm trying to relax but its my first pregnancy and I'm in the medical field so all the problems are fresh in my mind. My first appointment is Wednesday. Hope all goes well for you and the baby.