not sure what to do (not really pregnancy related)

edited March 2011 in UK
I started work in nov09 and work with adults with learning disabilities in a supported living environment (3 service users in there own house that they rent) and i love it! the service users are brilliant has were the other staff but now have 2 new staff and a new team leader one of the staff is around 50 with no previous experience and just happens to be a friend of the team leaders, any way she always use to get things wrong and blame other staff which i reported and was told she just over excited and trying to hard so i let it go, then like on 3 occasions she came into work having a go at me calling me lazy and a b!tch and threatening me! So i reported her to a higher boss cos i 2 of the sercive users heard her and got upset anyway don't think anythink been done, and on sunday one of the service users was bein 'difficult' not co operating and upsettin peers, i told this member of staff and she said she's being a little sh!t and if she was my kid i would of slapped her!! well I'm not sure if i should report this or not cos i reported her twice don't want people thinking i just don't like her ? sorry its long and not really pregnancy related but any advice appreciated don't really want to leave them with her whilst i go on maternity leave

Comments

• At that point I think it's mandatory to report her... I worked in a similar setting and was always told not reporting abuse (or threats of) made one just as guilty if found to have had the knowledge of alleged abuse. That is a tough one though, like sexual harassment... it can all be how one perceives it. Not sure this helps any but... Good luck!
  • Yeah :/ but a few other staff refuse to talk to her least i still talk i think I'll just go to big big manager this time! cos she can say what she likes about me its them I'm more worried about i was also thinking that if nowt gets done just tell her parents who will kick of till something does but then i think that's breaking some kind of rules i don't know arghh
  • If you are part of a union, call them and see if they can help. If not, i would say something. Also make a record of it and date it, as a firm of evidence.
  • I'm a senior in learning dis supported living, and I advise you to write all your concerns down in fine detail - including dates and witnesses if possible - then request a meeting with a manager you trust to listen to you and act appropriately. Just because this woman is mates with one of your managers shouldn't mean she is entitled to preferential treatment. She's crap at her job and a liability. Do your utmost to get rid. Service users deserve more. Good luck chick :-)
  • I have thank you :) and i will a few other staff have refused to work with her at different houses so surely that says something to