No I didn't pee my pants...

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
So, im 40 weeks today and ive been leaking urine during laughs, coughs and sneezes for weeks now. But, this morning I noticed a lot more leaking. I put on one of those amnio-screen pads...but it gave me a neg result (water didn't break). I went to the doc for my regular 40-week appt and I noticed the office was busier than usual. So, I decided to try to move things along faster by telling the nurse that I suspected my water had broke (not a total lie...). Turns out, it did rupture... Here I am in the hospital in labor...on my due date!!!

Comments

• Yay!!! Congrats! Best wishes for you and your little one!!!
  • Woot Woot!!! Congratulations im wishing you a speedy labor and recovery!
  • How exciting!! Congrats!! And good luck!! I hope u and ur little one do great!!
  • How exciting! Congrats! Let us know and best wishes to u all!! :)
  • I've had 5 babies and never heard of an amnio screen pad. Did you get it from your dr, that would be great to have since my last 2 I wen inot the hospital saying I think my water broke cause all I get is a slow leak!
  • o what little bluffs bring lol very happy for you and your coming baby best wishes and tons of luck
  • Awesome!!! And where do you get amino screening pads??
  • YAYAYYAYYYAYY :D GRATZ!! ^o^
  • That's awesome hun!!! :D congrats! I too would like to find those amino screening pads.
  • Sorry I didnt get back to all those who were curious about the amnio screen pads. They are quite new (the manufacturer doesnt even have a price tjey will be sold at. I got them from my doctor who has been hesitant to give them out, not knowing how well they work. They didnt work for me (i was impatient and only wore it til the first sign of dampness). The ph test at the doctors office was neg too. It wasnt til they checked for ferning under a microscope that they knew id ruptured (which btw, looks really cool!)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AWWWW congrats!! Wish the best of luck!!
  • Congrats on your happy accident. Good luck to you and your new baby.
  • Awesome! Way to go, Mama!