is this ok??

edited March 2011 in Health
I know doctors say tylenol is ok but I've been taking tylenol pm for my headaches and it helps. But I can't help thinking that I'm making my baby all drugged up and drowsy..is tylenol pm ok?

Comments

• Tylenol is ok, but Idk about Tylenol PM. You should ask your doctor only because Tylenol Pm basically has benedryl in it. So that's what makes you sleepy. The acetaminophen is ok though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It is, but you should still ask your doctor just to be safe.
  • Thanks girls(: I will also ask at my appt. I just didn't want to be freaking out for a month.
  • Thank you and I have had trouble sleeping because my baby is nocturnal. But tylenol pm works like a charm. And you guys helped me feel lots better about it! I figured it would probably be ok because the would've excluded pm if they needed to.
  • @tiff87124 And that means what? Are you a doctor? I would rather ask my doctor, hell that's what they get paid for.
  • I have been scared to take Tylenol PM but I take the reguar one all the time 4 headaches
  • @tiff87124 First of all you mentioned me. I wasn't talking to you nor did I care to talk to you. If I wanted your advice or opionions I would of asked you. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your day!
  • I think it all depends on the Dr because I ask mine when I was 25wks and he sais regular tylenol was ok but not PM and benadryl was ok but try not to take anything
  • @tiff87124 calm down killer lol I dont think anyone was in the wrong but I must say I dont feel my dr is less knowledgable (?) because I am not high risk ;-)
  • Be careful to not get addicted to Tylenol pm because it does have that affect many times. I've als9 heard it causes crazy dreams. It was the reason I never tried them.
  • I took Tylenol PM the last four months of my first pregnancy. Perfectly safe and never got addicted. Hth
  • @tiff87124 ok makes it a little clearer for me thanks I just didnt feel comfortable thinking my dr was an idiot lol
  • I have an otc mad list of ones that are safe during pregnancy and tylenol pm & benadryl are on there but are only safe after week 12...but every doctor has different, so I say call yourdr to be safe. Our babes are way too important to take chances with!!! Btw:im a mom of 3 w #4 due in nov and I still ask questions, even if I assume I know the answer.