daycare (when is the right time?)

edited January 2011 in Parenting
I said I would put my child in day care when he is 8mths. My cousin did that and her daughter was very fast learning. She was walking and talking b4 she reached 1..n now she's almost 2 n she's like a baby genius. But the concern I have is that he won't b able 2 tlk 2 me and communicate if something wrong is 2 happen @ daycare. 4 all current moms: when did u place ur child in daycare? When will u recommend 4 new moms 2 do so? 4 all new moms: when do u think is a gd time 2 send ur child 2 daycare?

COME ON PEOPLE THIS SHOULD B GOOD!

Comments

• With my 1st my son didn't go into daycare until he was 2 1/2 years old because I had family watch him for me while I was working and going to school. I think one years old is a good age however if it has to be sooner than I would suggest doing your research about the day care and staff and ask other parents about the day care. If anything is wrong I think you would know parents instinct...For me this time around I know my baby will have to go to day care sooner than I want because, I recently moved and not so close to family..but a good thing for me is that my Job offers day care and I can drop my baby before I work and when I'm leaving pick the baby up and stop by in between to check on the baby. Hope this helps.
  • Yea it does thanks. My nephew turned 2 in nov n he still doesn't talk like he sys certain words but I dnt think he actually knows what he means or that he's saying stuff. He will mock me sometimes but then stop. Idk I love him 2 death but its killing me that he's learning so slow n my cousin learned quick with daycare. Yea I would do extensive research on a daycare b4 sending my baby there of course.
  • I was in a school for teen moms and the school had a daycare for us so I started taking my daughter at about 4 months. I was scared and didn't want to leave her but it wasn't bad
  • My oldest went to a home daycare and did well since I had to go back to work after 10 wks.