How long should i wait after miscarriage?

edited January 2011 in Trying to conceive
2 weeks ago i had a miscarriage, however, i really want to start trying again with my boyfriend, but its too soon at the minute, but i was wondering how long should i wait untill i start trying again, as i dont want this to effect me and dont want another miscarriage....dont think i could handle it.

Comments

• My friend had one and the doctor told her not to have sex a couple weeks and Not to try for for six months because the chances of a miscarriage are higher. But them I know others who didn't wait that long and had healthy babies. Good luck to you though.
  • I also had a miscarriage in Nov I had to have a DNC an in Dec I found out tht I was pregnant again an when I went to the doctor I was 8 week I didn't even get a period. I would wait till you get your period or when the time fells rite to you
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kate good luck the same with me
  • Did u Have a d&c done or did u pass it naturally? Last yr in march i had a m/c at 6wk5 days but i passed it naturally so i didnt need a dnc done. The doc said i could try right away. But 10 mo later till now im finally preggo. But one of my cousins had a dnc done and at the month she was preggo again and now she has a beautiful
  • Healthy girl :) just go with ur feeling. Or ask ur doc if u can right away
  • I lost mine at just over 6 weeks and i had a a scan on Monday and they said everything had cleared, and i had a pregnancy test afterwards and it came back negative, so im guessing its all passed naturally...
    however, i started bleeding again Saturday after 6 or 7 days of not bleeding, which i dont understand if everything had cleared,
    But on the baby note, think me and my boyfriend are waiting a couple of months then going to discuss weather we really want a baby and then if we do, we are going to try again, thanks everyone for your comments :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a miscarriage at 10wks back in june 2010. The doctor said we could try as soon as we were ready. But I heard to wait for as long as you were pregnant so I didn't try again until august 2010 to give my body a chance to heal. I tracked my ovulation and got pregnant that month even though I was shock that it happened so fast. But give yourself time to heal physically and most importantly emotionally because its a big loss and even after I got pregnant I would still cry over the miscarriage. Im a little better since I passed my original due date (jan 21, 2011) and im thankful for the little gift on the way. So good luck and im sure everything will work out for you :)