eczema?!

edited March 2011 in First Trimester
I have eczema and it has been horrible since I became pregnant. Does anyone else have this problem and what are you doing for it?!

Comments

• Omg I had eczema soo bad with my son oatmeal baths help and lubaderm eczema care helps but I didn't get to to much relief! Are u having a boy? My doctor said its common to have when ur having a boy!!
  • @landynplus1momma Its terrible! So damn itchy. :( I've tried everything. Did it get better for you in the second trimester? I'm only 8 weeks so not sure what I'm having!
  • My son had VERY severe eczema. We took him to National Jewish Health in Denver, CO. They are the #1 respiratory hospital in the u.s.. He had no skin on his legs when we went in, now he's doing perfect. Here's what they taught us: Do the soak and seal method. Soak in a bath for no less than 20 min. Immediately apply a cream (no lotion) such as Vanicream (can be found at walgreens or CVS). While it sounds uncomfortable this next part isnt bad, we placed some pajamas in warm water and then put them on him, socks for hands. Then put dry clothes over that. Wait for 20 min, then remove the wet clothes. Reapply the cream. This is for severe eczema. You can also just try the 20 min baths with cream following,
  • I have a rash on either side of my legs near my girly parts, doc keeps treating it like fungus but it think its eczema or psoriasis.
  • I have eczema. It always flairs up during pregnancy. I went to the doctor and they gave me cream for it. Cetafil cream is also really good.
  • I recently got pityriasis rosea. It's not a pregnancy rash, or likely even related to the fact that I'm pregnant. But its this viral rash on the front of my torso that I have to let run it's course. I treat it like dry skin to help with the itching.

The dermatologist recommended that I use the Cetaphil lotion soap for exzema to wash. I have also been coating myself with bio oil, vit e oil, and tummy butter.

You could also try applying your oils and creams, covering with plastic like seran wrap, and let it sit for 10-20 minutes under a warm blanket. Products absorb better in the warmth. Like a body wrap at a spa. Just rub in the extra when you unwrap.

There's also this thick, vaseline type ointment the kids at work with skin conditions use but I forgot what it's called. I saw it at the baby section of CVS near the diaper rash creams and I want to get some for myself. If I remember what it's called I'll let y'all know. That stuff is hardcore.
  • My son has eczema. We use Aquaphor ointment and Cetaphil cream. We've also been given some prescription meds.
  • Aquaphor! That's it!
  • I'm so itchy and so mad and trying so hard not to scratch this stupid rash. I read that scratching can make it spread more! But lord it feels like bugs with itchy feet are crawling all over me and I only just put on the Cetaphil. I'm so pissed off that I got this damn rash and I don't even know how!
  • Cetaphil and cortizone on bad spots. No fragrance soaps laundry or body soap! No dies or fragrance! Really irritates the skin! Good luck!
  • Cetaphil cream (not lotion) and if u can find it, its called utterly smooth. It's also a cream. Might hafta use it up to 4 times a day to get total relief
  • Oh! This also helped me a lot and no one believes me lol. Wen I had my nails done... acrylic with tips. Wen my nails r done they're thicker so they don't tear up my skin wen I do scratch.
  • Besides all the creams/ointments/lotions, start washing your clothes in a dye-free and scent-free detergent. I use All Free and Clear b/c it's cheap, but still gets the job done. Don't use fabric softener!! Use only dryer sheets that are unscented like Bounce Free, or stop using them altogether. Put your laundry on the extra rinse cycle. Try Dove soap for sensitive skin. (I've had eczema since I was a baby, and it flared up terribly in early pregnancy.) My doctor said to 86 my steroidal rx cream, but a little hydracortizone here and there is just fine. The good news? All this finicky crap pays off!!! Hope this helps!
  • I had that on my arms when I was about 8-12 weeks. And never had skin issues in the past. I used eucerin cream and very small amounts of cortisone cream when it got too bad. But mine went away and hasn't bothered me since - thank goodness.
  • Thanks everyone. I am just so miserable. My skin is cracking and bleeding. :(
  • Eucerin works wonders when we have patients in the hospital most of the doctors tell us to use it
  • Oh, and avoid hot showers. And make them quick. The Cetaphil for atopic skin body wash felt good on my rash, you might want to try it.
  • I had excema as a child real bad I would reccomend semicort,its a cream ,works wonders.
  • Has anyone ever been on prescription creams while pregnant?