ladies with gestational diabetes

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
My dr is having me check my sugars 4xs a day my fasting is supposed to be <90 and im having problems with it, I stopped eating late at night and limit my carbs at dinner when I go to bed I check it 89 and then when I wake its 99?! Im so frustrated my 1hr results are always under 140 but dr has me stressing the fasting results how do you guys keep under the 90 for fasting?

Comments

• I was always told by my doctor that 140 was the mark i have always come in a couple of points above so have always been on a watch concentrated sweeties. Diet, which can be really hard @ different times of the yr. Not sure how to answer u i would talk w the doctor or you might b able to talk w a dietician? W the hospital.
  • The morning highs suck. My sugar can be like 100 when I go to bed and 129 in the morning. I was diabetic before I got preg though. Are you on any meds? I am probably going to be put on insulin soon, just cause it is safer in the 2nd and 3rd trimester than the metformin I am on now. Its hard though, sometimes it goes down over night and sometimes up. What you drink at night can have an effect too. So can stress, being sick, nausea... All that stuff. Talk to your dr... And a dietican is a good idea too.. I see one as well :) good luck :)
  • Ty so much im not on any meds yet just trying to eat healthy and keeping an eye on blood sugar for now gl with your blood sugar and pregnancy :)