sorry to sound stupid

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
What is implantation bleeding? I'm sorry I sound stupid but I've seen a lot of posts about it.

Comments

• When the egg implants itself in the lining of ur uterus it might cause a little bit of bleeding.
  • So u might start spotting which is that small amount of blood. Hope I helped :)
  • can it be like a short period or is it just a little bit of bleeding?
  • A lot of women, including myself, mistake implantation bleeding for their next due period when actually they r already pregnant
  • U kno, I'm not entirely sure about that. I haven't experienced it I only know wut it is. Sry :/
  • So i concieved and had some bleeding on my due period week and thought it was a period, the next month i got no period and tool a test. I thought i was only one month along but was actually closer to two months by that time.
  • That's wut I think happened to me to b honest. Cuz I did get my period last month. My bd insists I'm only 6 weeks. I'll find out Wednesday tho :)
  • That helps. Maybe you can help with one more thing. Af was due tue 22. And I took a test that day but it was neg. I went to my dr office today and got a blood test and find out mon. But then tonight I went to the restroom and there was pink. Like I was spotting. I thought that implantation was like when you got invitro. Like I said, sorry I'm so dumb.
  • you could have tested too early, just because your period is due doesn't mean your body's hcg levels are high enough to detect. But if your pregnant it will definitley show up on the drs blood test. U could try to test again today if ur really impatient (like me lol).
    And implantation bleeding isnt just for invitro, its just that:implantation bleeding. Some girls get it some don't. and you DONT sound stupid! Lol there's a lot to learn about being pregnant. I'm 29 weeks with my first and there's a lot i didn't know, and i thought i was well educated to begin with but there's things u just have to learn thru experience. Good luck with the test results! (It i were u i would go down to dollar tree and but like 2 or 3 test just take them!) I used dollartree test and all 3 were positive so they do work) if there neg tho dont be upset it could just be too early for urine u never know!