dads everywhere

edited March 2011 in Daddy's place
So are there any fathers to be out here that are just blown away by what's going on in your wife's body? This will be my first and I can't wait to see who he (I say its a him but we don't know yet) looks most like! What are some of the fears that you other first time dads have or have had. My wife's only 10 weeks so I am just starting this little trip...

Comments

• Well I'm feeling the same way even tho I have no idea if my gf is pregnat yet were trying to have a baby...don't gt me wrong I'm excited and I really can't wait to meet him (really hoping for a boy too lmao) I mean I guess u can say I'm really nervous like any other guy who's going to be. Dad for the first time just that I won't be as much of a father as I want to be...or be able to provide for both of them stuff like that
  • Ya I just went through a work related accident where about 1200 pounds fell on me and I suffered mild brain damage, the reason I'm telling you this is because I had some where around 13 or 15 doctors and therapists working with me. All who were working on recovering my brain 6 months later I am doing great and all of them tell you that if you are afraid of not being a good enough dad a lot of times those men are the ones that turn out the best. The tuff guys that think they got nothing to worry about are the ones that become distance and do not get involved with their children's life. I'm worried but I believe that God will give me the strength and skills to be an am amazing father but it still scares me too!
  • Oh and good luck with getting pregnant that's the funnest part, and can be the toughest part too. If you have trouble don't give up we lost the first couple pregnancies but it all works out perfect in the end
  • Wassup guys. First time dad here too. I live in the ny metro area and I'm scared that I will have difficulty providing for my wife and child. It's very expensive here. But have a stable job.... I don't want to become consumed with making a living for us that I don't spend time with them.