howd your extended family react?

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
I already told my parents they are alright. Scared to tell extended family, like uncles, grandparents, ect.how'd urs react

Comments

• Mine were all happy :) this is my third and I'm engaged so they are happy I'm in a serious healthy relationship.
  • Good to hear, I'm worried bc I'm only 17. Been with tge dad for 3 years so its a good relationship at least. More worried bc my extended fam is sorta racist and my baby daddy is Mexican and my baby is half Mexican.
  • When I got preggo at 15 by a Mexican race was no matter and honestly my mom and dad was disappointed but the extended family never said much to me about it. My parents kept them informed they didn't bother me at all.
  • Okay, I'm glad to hear it. I hope everything goes well. Plan on telling them adter I know if its a boy or girl.
  • I am 20 and have been married since October 12, 2009. All of my in-laws are very very excited. They are more excited than my own family! My baby is also due on my anniversary!!
  • awww that'sadorable that ur baby is due on ur anniversity. And i haven't told my extended family. As long as my mom noes i'm good. but my baby daddy's fam noes n they're all happy i'm glad. Wait for the time comes when they see me n i'll just kinda b like Hey O Yea BTW. lol
  • Personally I didnt care one way or another. My extended family and I are close but they surely don't affect my every day life or the life of my child. I figured the only people who I cared about were my parents, and my boyfriends parents.
  • the only family i have told are my mom, older brother, and my cousin. im not telling my dad untill i go to the doctor. and my bd's family cant know till later...they are penicostil and VERY strict about this kinda thing. I'm afraid they will disown him or try and make me get an abortion or something. I know he doesnt wanna get married right now and i know if we tell them we are keeping it no matter what, they will try to force us to get married...
  • i let my mother handle telling everyone else lol but from what i hear my older brothers weren't too happy.