Military Mommy's-Daddy is going to be gone!

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
We just found out we're PREGNANT and due in September!! But daddy is going to basics in August for the Army..and will be gone for a year just about. We are still super excited tho!! Are you going through the same things or deployment? How do you plan on going through it alone?

Comments

• I'm due in August and my husband is going to be deployed to Iraq that same month and we're not sure for how long yet. Right now we're stationed in TX but I plan on moving back home to be with my family.
  • Make sure you get with your husbands FRG for support also.
  • My husband is in the navy im due in august he will be back in october from deployment so mine isnt that bad but i have his fam here so
  • Family is good for support but I'm still wishing he'd be here for the birth
  • It sometimes sucks to be a military wife, but its part of the job. My husband deployed when our daughter was 1.5 years old and was gone until she was 3. It was hard on us all, but we've been together for the past 8 months and my daughter is bonding with her dad like nothing changed. Kids are pretty resilient and go with the flow, and sometimes teach us that we should do the same.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine leaves in 5 days. He will be back like a week before I'm due. I'm so scared he will miss it. But I have family and friends. It just sucks having to miss him so much.
  • mine leaves in March for basic and his first school but he will be back by September so we can get married. due in October.

not looking forward to it.