Venting......

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
My husband is messy or deaf. He twisted my words to his mother. And instead of telling her the truth, which will make him look like a liar, he lets her think that I dont like her or dont want to talk to her.

She believes everthing that comes out his mouth and I believe if he started the mess he should fix it. His mother knew about this baby since the day I took the home test. The only thing that she did was ask him what he was going to do? What kind of mess is that. I am almost 9 months and this lady hasnt spoken not one word to me. Not hello, congratulations, nothing. But what im supposed to swallow my pride when the baby comes and kiss her butt? oh, she can treat me any kind of way and I would have to sit in her presence. I dont think so. And just be some happy fam and sweep things under the rug? If she dont want to deal with me she dont have to deal with my son. Obvious she doesnt care anyway. I told him he let this situation go on too long. Now she is an angry old biddy.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Am I wrong for treating her like she is treating me? Being that she is the older person and supposed to be wiser you would think she would get both sides of the story....
  • edited March 2011
    Asked him oh, so she is going to have just one grandchild, meaning his current child from a previous relationship. He said no she will have two, she will have to accept him. BUT ALL TOGETHER, HIS AND MINE, WE HAVE FOUR (4) KIDS...... :-S
  • I personally wouldn't give her the time of day....I would also have a long talk with hubby about how she treating you and the other grandchildren he shouldn't let that happen...my opinion
  • @abby5, I think he is a big jerk right now and isnt even trying to fix it. He always tries to sweep things under the rug. Let it will work itself out, but that doesnt work for everything. He appologized to me but still hasnt cleared it up with her.
  • I don't think so. I went on a trip with my BDs grandma and we had a few arguements that she was butting into things that weren't her business, things between me and him that is up to us- not her. Coming home, we weren't on speaking terms really, she made me out to being snotty and rude. She and the BD/my bf got into arguements, him saying she overstepped her boundary, she laughed at him, kept hanging up, saying there was no need for her to apologize and banished us from her house.
    We accepted it and decided to not talk to her because she was just stressing us both. Aggravating too.

My mom suggested I just accept it cause there's a baby on the way. I said "well she should acknowledge that. We have a baby coming- she doesnt. If she doesn't want to play nice, and is rude to us, we'll then I don't want her negativity and rudeness and baseless assumptions around my kid. It's her problem. "

my thought: I'm going to have my own child, my own family, and won't let myself be pushed around and kiss up to someone rude. If somebody is disrespectful to my family, then they don't need to be involved.

A week or so later, the grandma apologized to him and brought us a few groceries as a peace offering.
  • I am glad I don't have and wont have inlaws lol...my fiance hasn't spoke with his dad in 10 yrs and his mom passed a few yrs ago...I wish I could have met her tho...so his fam is my fam and he takes them as his own...idk why tho they drive me crazy lol
  • Joel osteen's wife just got done preaching and she said sometimes we have to learn how to travel lite. God cant give us peace if we dont cast or cares and worries on him. sometimes we just have to dust our feet and move on.