what do u think about the show 16 n pregnant n I didnt know i was pregnant

edited January 2011 in Teen moms
I WANT YOUR OPIONS SO PLEASE be honest

Comments

• I like 16 and pregnant, I think its with good intentions to try and show other teens its not easy, but I don't think there is anything wrong with teen pregnancy. And I didn't know I was pregnant is interesting, I still don't know how someone can't know, but it does happen and its interesting.
  • I dislike the shows Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant/etc because imo it shows teenagers that its ok to be pregnant that young. Things happen, mistakes are made, BUT I've known too many young kids influenced by tv to become pregnant.

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant, I'm Pregnant And..., A Baby Story, etc I love those shows and always have even before I got pregnant. They are informative and make me feel much better about my pregnancy like I can handle it, that it could be worse. And it makes me feel better about the beer I had before I knew :)
  • I haven't seen "16 and pregnant" but I have seen "I didn't know I was pregnant". I think it's crazy... I have such a hard time believing the people who made it all the way to delivery with out knowing. Maybe I am just envious because I have never had a pregnancy with out nausea and exhaustion and all the other stuff.
  • I think 16 and pregnant and teen mom are pretty koo shows. They show teens they shouldn't go having sex but if they get pregnant its gonna be hard but they can do it. Ain't nothing wrong with a teen having a baby. I got pregnant at 15 have my 2 yr old daughter and I'm 18 now expecting number 2! I'm a proud teen mom
  • yea i agree 16 and pregnant is a show to make teenagers face reality when it comes down to a baby it makes us realize how hard it is and we can relate to better than watching a grown woman that can handle herself have a ba\by.......its make us realize its not easy doint on your own and helps us hopefully matture and grow up
  • Even being a teen mother myself, I think 16 and pregnant makes light of the situation and it's not really very good as it's more of an encouragement rather than putting across ultimately be safe and that waiting to have children until you're not a child yourself is better. I do like I didn't know I was pregnant, and it is possible to go so long without knowing, all sorts of things can throw you off. With my first I went to my doctor they told me I wasn't pregnant and I went back a month later still wanting to know what was up and they said I was 28 weeks pregnant! So it can happen. Lol maybe not all the way to giving birth, that does seem a rarer chance. :-)
  • Some teens see teen mom as a trend! The show doesn't really show how hard it can be because the girls live with there parents or spouses family, they still go to school, and it is visable that their families are helping out tremendously and not all teen moms are that lucky! Depending on others to take care of your baby isn't exactly showing maturity.
  • no but there is a girl on there thats fighting for her baby got a job and is trying to go to college some people dont even care about their children so think about it.......if u taken care of your responsibilities that matturing up....i can see if u hardly took care of ur child and would always party but your living your own life no theirs so give them a break
  • also it is hard struggling but things happen for a reason and what ever that reason may be its to learn and become a better person maybe people will stop looking down on earth and realize we can make it a better place
  • so start little
  • and some people cant even get pregnant so thats god blessing to them cause they could have aborted or miscarried but god took them all the way
  • just think and reflect .....cause and effect..........having sex is the cause of getting pregnant(effect)
  • I watch all those shows & to be honest I can see both sides but I do agree that if the main priority of these shows is to prevent teen pregnancy then it's not doing it very well. Put the girls on this show that are young, have no support, no money, no where to live & then maybe you'll get through to these girls. Not every teen out there is trying to get pregnant but there are some that see these shows & think that could be me, I can do that. I live in Michigan & one of the radio stations had a discussion about 16 & pregnant & girls were calling up saying they'd purposely get pregnant just to get on the show. I was 22 when I had my daughter & I struggled a lot. I couldn't imagine being 16 & going through it.
  • I am 22 & I love all of these shows however I do believe that 16 & pregnant makes younger girls want that and I do believe that younger girls get pregnant because of that shows influence.
  • I think the show is okay I juz don't like one of the girls cuz she likes to party rather than staying home to take care of her baby. The mother of the girl is the one who take care of the baby. I also don't like her cuz she talks back and yell at her mother.
  • I am 32 and there were teens intentionally getting pregnant when I was in high school a LONG TIME AGO! I don't understand it.... I guess I was much too selfish to even think about being a parent in those days. Although I had several friends who had kids before we graduated from high school. They all have gone on to find love and success as adults and have raised some really great kids. Things have a way of working out.... Maybe it would be good if they covered some stories of moms who are older now but had been teen moms. Maybe give some insight on the challenges over the years?
  • The girls on 16 and pregnant get paid as reality stars and they aren't even the lowest paid ones which us crazy. My cousin knows girls n her class purposefully getting pregnant to get on show cuz with the show cones fame. They r on cover of magazines..tmz...internet. I think what was meant to set a message has turned into a bad influence due to how our society is. Just Likee now u can profit from being a mistress and breaking up a marriage....its our society not the show that is messed up
  • I honestly like watching the show because of all the drama. But the message that the show send out to teens is misguiding. Teen moms is a show that glorifies teen pregnancy. It says to teen that you can have unprotected sex, depend on other people and become a reality star. Yes most of them depend on their families but wht about the teens who don't have that same support? I feel that if their going to have a show that depicts privilaged teen moms ( you don't have to be rich to be privilaged ) then they should also have a show that let's us see how underprivilaged teens cope. Its just wrong, but full of drama which I love to see.
  • first season was better...showed more struggles new show has a bunch of spoiled brats...
  • I didn't know I was pregnant is nuts!! Some of them are so scary! Like a woman made it to the hospital and the baby FELL OUT OF HER VAGINA INTO HER SHOE!! What?! Omg so scary!!
  • I think 16 and pregnant glorifies teen pregnancy y don't they show teenage prostitutes or crackheads with children I think people would realize how many babies are neglected and abused and it wuldnt make things look as easy .. I didn't know I was pregnant is an interesting show definitely makes you more aware of the chance you can be pregnant without a positive test
  • There is nothing to be glorified about teenage pregnancy. I was a teenage mom, now 35 and its hard enough being a parent as an adult. If MTV really wanted to send a message to children, they would produce shows that weren't encouraging children that its OK. Of course things work, but it robs the qu of life to

• They shud have a show called 16 with aids and point there r bigger consequences to unprotected sex
  • I wont comment on the 16 year olds, but I didn't know I was pregnant is nuts!!! My boovs hurt, my feet are swollen & I vomit every day!! Maybe I'm a little jealous about their lack of symptoms haha!
  • On I didn't kno I was pregnant there was a girl tht had her baby in a camp ground bathroom. I just thought the women on that show are dumb. I honestly haven't had my period in like 4 mnths and within the first 6 wks I knew something was wrong. I don't have morning sickness but I kno my body. How can you not know your pregnant?
  • And for me being 22 this is my first pregnancy. So if I can kno, shoot anyone can know
  • I think its a kool show bt some of the girls make bad choices like they go back to there ex nd there ex makes them feel bad I mean y would those girls do that bt I mean im no one to judge only God