What if i want baby comes out with induce on September 20?

edited January 2011 in September 2011
My baby due date is Sept 29... I want baby born before September 20's ... will it be ok?

Comments

• Hmm I hear it hurts really bad to get your membranes scraped so im going to try to avoid that but ive only heard this from a couple friends who just had kids.
  • I had to get induced wit my first and it does hurt. Its actually worse then llactual labor. Contractiong are 10x painful and I honestly think the process is longer meaning ur in labor longer idk labpr migjt be different wit u. But I do know for a fact is more painful. I dont want to scare u hun lol im just being honest :)
  • I think theyll only induce after due date or because of complications
  • Yea I was induced bcause I had low fluid in my water bag bcause I was leaking my whole pregnancy
  • I agree they won't induce unless its necessary
  • Im hoping that I don't have to do that I actully want to try to carry my baby 37 to 40 maybe. The brain is supposed to be fully developed and larger at 37 though.
  • I kno they will induce more likely after the due date bcoz they don't want the baby in there too long either
  • Oh, i see. Alright. I guess I am gonna accept that due date for baby.
  • I was in the hospital a week early, waiting to be induced the next mornin when I went into labor. They'll induce if you have an existing medical condition, I had gallstones..
  • DRs won't do it. The don't even induce die military wives. They want the baby to be healthy. And if your not dialated you could be in labor for days, eventually that stress could affect the baby and you might need csection
  • we dont have family close by us...in the state actually and I asked my dr about induction so that I could arrange help with my two kids and she said absolutely no problem. They can induce at 39 weeks without isue but since I deliver early we can do 37 or 38 weeks but they will need to make sure he is ready at 37/38 weeks....my dr said a lot of moms request it. I know my sister in law just did the same thing..had a scheduled c section at 37 wks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • were you asking me @mama_kat?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat, just want to be like grandma s birthday. i thought it would be cool... to have a baby on that date but... i have to wait to see what doctor says.. not right now maybe after 6 months later.
  • @mamamary, oh i see.. there must have medical issues... I can accept that date if my baby wants to get out :)
  • megmormom3, I really hope it works for me... if not thats totally ok with due date.
  • Yu shouldent rush your baby being born. Pregnancy is 40wks for a reason. Anything can happen, soo I wouldent suggest doing that yur doc wont anyways unless yur over due or there is a medical reason
  • I was induced with my last 2 at 39 weeks. I was induced because I lived so far away from The hospital. The labors were very easy and shorter but I think it was because my body was ready and I was already dilated and making progress. Most dr wont unless u have a very good reason and most will make u wait till the last week or till u r over due.
  • I was induced with my son at 39 wks 6 days and it failedhe didn't want to come out and my Dr sent me home. Was induced again a week later and my labor was less than 12 hours, the intense part was less than 3. I would never get induced again unless it was medically necessary because the failed induction really sucked.
  • I wad induce at 42 weeks and it was the worst and I refuse to get it done with this one
  • I was induced with my first only in labor for 6 hours they didn't even bust my water it did it on its own at 7 cm it was great only pushed 2 times I was 39w he weighed 7lb 7oz my doctor was very pleased and the reason the did it was cause I didn't want him to come on his due date I wanted him to make is own speciel day!
  • My doc will induce after 39 weeks...was induced with 2 of my 3 and the pain/labor wasn't any diff.
  • I was induced with my first child because she was weighing small and they felt she could grow better outside of my body but she was born 6pds 5o so they were wrong and I wish I had gone into natural labor because I was in labor for 16 hours
  • With #3 I was taking classes from the local university online and was due the week of finals, which have to be taken at the school. My Dr agreed to induce me a couple weeks early if I hadn't already gone into labor. Ended up being induced 3 weeks early due to high bp, but basically a few days doesn't seem to be that big of a deal to most Drs.
  • depends on the doc's preferences
    I think generally 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the due date are all considered "on-time"
    every pregnancy is different though, your doc will help you make the best decisions
    personally, I think the more natural the better