in laws?

soo prepairing for the future pregnancy and birth ( hopefully) my husband and I have been talking about everything... from nursery sets to names, and everything in between.. the one discussion we came upon was who was going to be in the room... now I know where I live they allow 3 people in the room with you. One obviously is my husband, two my mother, because she has been there with me through thick and thin. Now heres the problem.. he wants his mom to be in the room... I CANNOT STAND MY INLAWS... AND THEY CANNOT STAND ME! the feeling has been mutual since day one, infact they didnt even make an attempt to attend our wedding!!!! I want my sister to be in the room as the thrid person. I am a rather shy person when it comes to strangers lookin down there. so its gonna be bad enough theres doctors, nurses and who ever else. but the last person I want to see staring at me and my center of attraction vagina, is his mother! How do I over come this battle????

Comments

• I wouldnt allow my in laws either, theres too much stress as it is and i would want to be as comfortable as possible. And dont even feel bad about it, especially if they dont make an effort to be at your wedding?! I would say absolutely not. Im only having my mother and hubby. No one else. There is plenty of time to meet baby afterwards.
  • Screw that! If they didn't even go to your wedding then they have absolutely no right to be in the room! That's all you should have to tell your husband!
  • Omg there is no question about it... ur sister of course! I cant stand my in laws and im a nice person and all but no way in hell would i allow them to b around me in such a precious moment as that of giving birth. Hell no! Its a time where u gotta put ur foot down cause giving birth is a serious thing an no added stress is needed. Just my opinion. Good luck Mama! ;)
  • I wouldn't even concider it. If they don't even like you then they can jump in a lake. Lol. My mil and fil are good to me and I love them. So I can't really relate. My mom and hubby was in for the 1st and hubby and mil were in for the 2nd. I think for the 3rd my hubby, mom and mil will all be in the room. So ya. But if I was in your shoes I would definatly put my foot down and say no. And I would think your hubby should understand. They don't like you they don't deserve the privlage of seeing the birth. They can wait. Good luck.
  • If my fiance even mentioned my mom in law to be being in the room I think I would rip his eyes out with a fork..... I Cant stand that woman! I pay for heer to not be such an angry person. If I were you, id just straight up tell him HELL NO
  • I personally wouldn't invite my mil to "The Room" lol the only ppl who should see it are you man and the woman who made (mommy!!!) picking your sister is the next natural decision....do you even know if she wants to be there, I mean if he has a problem w/ you saying no ask him how he would feel if your dad was in the room while he was getting a prostate exam or something personal like that
  • I have already settled this one! My husband never mentioned his mother being in the room until I said my mother will be, I have the same horrible relationship with his mother only she made sure to attend our wedding to tell everyone he was making a huge mistake! We were over at her house recently talking about when we have the baby and what not she mentioned if my mom was going to be in the room she wanted to be. My reply to her was the same to my husband "you have never given my any support the only thing you have done is cut me down and I do not want your negative attitude around me while om giving birth, nor do I want you anywhere near my naked vagina. When your daughter gets married and has babies I'm sure she would love to have you." She has always been secretly mean to me and my hubby just thought I was blowing it out of proportion until I showed him stuff she had sent to my fb. He knows how I feel toward her and knows I would probably kill her if she were there. I would just talk to my hubby and tell him you love him but you can only have 3 people and you feel it should be people that have supported you and been with you through life he should respect that.
  • Of u think it'll cause a big prob to tell hubby no then scare her off with talk of crazy birth plans! Tell her you'd like her to catch the baby and help to hold your legs and do a blessing with the afterbirth by holding it in her bare hands Lmao.
  • @graciensmommy that is hilarious!!! Ha ha I love it! I just laughed so hard I woke the hubby up and almost lost my cell phone privileges:)