Packing...please help!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So I am going into the hospital to deliver early tomorrow afternoon. Although this is my third child I can't help butcher to b worried that I might forget something. I am delivering premature so ive already been told that my baby will not b coming home with me right away, so for now I only need to pack for myself. Can u guys please do me a favor and go over some things to take with me to the hospital? I would truelly appreciate it...thank u!!!

Comments

• OK ull need shampoo, conditioner, body wash, loofah if u don't wanna use wash rags they give. Make up, hair products, lotion, chap stick, comfy clothes and a decent outfit to go back and forth to the nicu in, some type of comfy slip on shoe, socks if u don't like thirds. Pads if u don't like what they provide. Camera and batteries, chargers, a book or mag to read. Clothes for baby pics. Since its a premie birth you'll wanna bring some premie clothes cause the hospitals will be big. Nursing bras if ur bfing! All I can think of for now, Congrats on getting to meet your baby!
  • Clothes for you to wear home from a couple months before delivery, shampoo, conditiner, ect. A robe, slippers, camera, phone, or phone #s to call people. Maybe a pillow or blanket to make you feel comfortable, personal info like insurance info? I think thats it, good luck tomorrow :)
  • Clothes to come hm in, chapstick, houseslippers, something to occupy time. Gl w your delivery. Y r u delivery premature/
  • Don't forget hairbrush toothpaste and toothbrush and also deoderant :)
  • For labor - ID, insurance card, toiletries, contacts or glasses, whatever you need to relax (music, focal point, etc.), camera (batteries, charger, memory card), snacks for your labor coach.

After labor - loose fitting/comfy cotton clothes or pajamas (you tend to sweat alot after labor so you want something absorbant), a robe, slippers or flip
  • For labor - ID, insurance card, toiletries, contacts or glasses, whatever you need to relax (music, focal point, etc.), camera (batteries, charger, memory card), snacks for your labor coach.

After labor - loose fitting/comfy cotton clothes or pajamas (you tend to sweat alot after labor so you want something absorbant), a robe, slippers or flip flops, list of people to call after baby arrives

• I'm delivering early because I have preeclampsia and the high risk team thinks it is in mine and the babies interest to do so. Apparently things can really go down hill from here so they feel this is safest for the both of us. I am only 34 weeks so I'm pretty nervous, however the doctors r very optimistic that everything will b fine. Im not sure if I'm being induced or getting a c section. I'm actually scheduled for both. He's been breech during a few of my recent ultrasounds so it all depends on his position tomorrow. Thank u all for ur recommendations as far as what to bring. I will use this as a checklist in the morning. And ur thoughts and prayers are extremely appreciated as well. I will try to keep everyone posted on my delivery...
  • Praying for you and baby I'm sure you'll both be fine will keep you in my thoughts and update us when you can
  • Im sure you and your baby will be fine- my sis delivered at 34 weeks with twins and was having complications almost the whole time being prego, one of the girls had to have heart surgery but now they are 5 months and doing great, amazing what they can do now of days! :)
  • Flip flops for shower nursing pads in case