Should I, or Shouldn't I ? What do you guys think ? (LONG)

Im always the advice giver, but this time I need some. Ok so I'm 18weeks2days Preggerz, &nd my BD & I has known about it since I was 10weeks. Anyways he's made it clear that he's not ready for another baby & wanted me to abort; I chose not to. So he calls himself mad at me, told me to leave him alone, & so on. Doesn't check on me or anything. We haven't talked in a month exact ..We're both hella stubborn & on top of that, our last convo. was hella ugly ..We told eachother some hurtful shxt. All this to say ..I miss his tail soooo much, its killing me honestly & I want us to get back on goodterms for the sake of my unborn. Should I call him & try to communicate(if he answers), or should I wait a little while longer n'see if he's gonna give in & call me?????

Comments

• Call him the worst he can do is say "It's over".

I don't women. Why wait to see if he calls when you want to talk to him? Guys are different from girls. They don't think like we do. If you don't call him he might think you two are done and move on. So if you really want to talk to him and try to make it work... CALL HIM!

Even if he says it is officially over ts good to know now instead of wondering.
  • @veevee You're absolutely right ..Guys are different from girls & I think I will give in & call him after I find out what I'm having, which will be 4/11. But I really enter know what exactly to tell him; I guess it'll flow ..& The scary part is him saying it's officially over ..I don't wanna go through this ChildSupport ish' cause he's be childesh! lOl I'll give it a try though ..THANX HUN' for listening !, ; )
  • No one likes rejection. I know the feeling your going through, well not the pregnancy part (yet). Don't call him at impulse or thinking it'll flow. Try to figure out what you want to say and how to say it before you call him.

I guess this is me. I don't believe in child support. If he doesn't want to be in the child's life. His lost. Child support to me is like trying to hold on to the man who doesn't want to be in you and/or your babies life. The best way to make him feel bad about him walking out is to just do better (with your baby) by yourself or get a better man. Plus its a stress especially if he doesn't cooperate.

But to talk about the good news, he just might apologize. Maybe he needed to blow off some steam and be by himself for a while. Just like you, he is going through change.
  • You're right ..& I Def. agree w/you on the ChildSupport situation too. Thanx again girl!, Hopefully he comes around ..If not I'll keep it moving. ; )
  • You're welcome. That is all we can do. Need no stress on your life, especially right now. I do hope he comes around too and stays but if not...keep moving on. His lost.
  • I think you should try to talk to him. If he still feels the same way and doesn't want to be around, I say push child support to the max.@veevee you are entitled to you opinion and please do not take mine as an insult or dig toward you, however this does not sound like advice from anyone who has ever been in the situation of being a single parent. The purpose of child support has absolutely nothing to do with keeping a man around if he doesn't want to be, nor does is it used to keep ties on him so he can't ever fully leave you. I personally cannot stand my first sons father and have not ever tried to keep him around (actually I want him as far away as possible) he is court ordered to pay child support and although my son is 3 and has never received anything the court order is still in place. He made the decision to lay down and ill be damned if I will live my life in a struggle as a single parent as he is living the high life with no responsibility. He has not seen my son in over a year, I have no problem with this because I am now married to an amazing man who my son knows as his daddy! I would never tell someone to get child support just out of spite but I would also never tell someone to make life even harder on themselves because of pride and to let a deadbeat walk around and have no consciences when I'm working 2jobs to support my baby.
  • edited March 2011
    @second_time_mommy7: Understandable.

I know many friends and family members (male and female) who have children and are on child support.

Where I am from that is pretty much why most girls get child support. To hold on to him.

Now I never said or implied that is why all women do it. I just said that is how I feel about it.

I also feel if you don't want anything from him or to do with him why take his money? To basically get back him or keep ties on him. My opinion will never change. If he doesn't want to be there he can leave.

I'm not the only one who fees this way. My best friend choose not to get child support knowing she could get big bank from him. But she didn't. Why? His lost, if he doesn't want to take care of his responsibilty or atleast be around his child, so be it. She's not the only one.

I will never really understand child support or reasons why people get it.

I feel like this. Most pregnancies are not planned. So he tells you he doesn't want the child do you sue for child support? Neither of you (spreaking generally) were expecting to get pregnant. So he doesn't want the baby and you do. It is right for him to walk away? HELL NO. Is it right for you to sue child support? NO.

I know a couple of guys on child support. My guys friend is on CS and guess what? He quit his job and didn't apply for unemployment and BM gets next to nothing if anything at all. Pitting a guy on CS isn't gonna help if he is not cooperating.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Call him! Not just for you, for the baby. im going thru almost the samething and I had to call him first. We don't talk anymore but he at least calls once a week to check up on the baby and that's all that matters to me
  • @veevee "if he doesnt want to be there he can leave" is EXACTLY how I feel. to be forcefully attached to someone who doesn't want to be attached to you? Why?
  • edited March 2011
    @CeliaAgnes: Glad I'm not alone.

@FirstTimeMommyToBe: I didn't say it forces them to be with the mother or child. A mother shouldn't have to take care a child alone that is true.

My point is no matter how much you defend child support. Child Support is just a spiteful way of getting back at a man for not taking care of his child.

Plenty of women raised children alone without child support and with no problems.

My father walked out on us at 7yrs old. Hardly took care of us before that. At first it hurt, but we got over it. My mom put it all in God's hands instead of the courts. Now fast forward into the future. Me and my are doing good. Where is my father? In jail won't get out until I'm in my 40's.

That maybe but I haven't seen that many. Its guys out here the quit jobs and get no unemployment and live off their girlfriends. Because some if not most of these girls will take care of them especially if they lie about the situation. I have seen it happen. I don't agree with it.

It's men walking around now that never paid child support in years and never been caught. Now men are counter suing Child Support and some are winning.

I don't condone Child Support but I wouldn't stop others from doing it because that is their decision. I'll give my opinion, but I'm not stopping anybody.
  • @ Veevee....I totally overstand wat u saying & I 2 agree completely....I seen wicked thngs getting done 2 avoid cs...man & woman...I had a make frnd that paid child support since the birth of his child...come 2 find out his child wasn't getting the payments nor were the checks getting cashed....he later end up getting total custody of his daughter & asked the court 2 release the balance 2 his child being that she was now of age....they tld him no & now thousands of dollars r jus sitting...smh...amazing
  • I personally don't like that ChildSupport ish' either ..But I feel what everyone else is saying. Its not about forcing him to stay in your like, its about enforcing him to help w/what he's help make ..His own flesh &nd blood! & Even if I don't wanna do it; Momma is gonna suggest I do it anyway ..&nd what momma says goes cause that's who's backing me 100% right now.

Thanx though Ladies ..I appreciate the advice, I needed that! & I will call that fool when I find out what I'm having. lOl
  • I personally don't believe in cs either. 9 times out of 10 they have the guy paying way more or way less than they can afford. If we never had a baby together and broke up would it still be his responsibility to pay my rent? No. If he was ordered to pay it and died tomorrow who would I get the money from then? Would I want to be paying his bills for 18 years if the courts said he got custody? I just see so much drama attached to it that its ridiculous. And yes more often than not it is used as a form of get back. Ooo he left me Imma get his a$$ for child support...
  • Im in this situation every other day witj my bd. He didn't want this baby and im against abortion.... He wants to get married and be sweet as long as im not asking him for financial help. Im sickkk of it
  • I think u should call you already admitted ur both stubborn. So he's not gonna call. N maybe he'us missing u just the same. Really what's the worse he could say.
  • edited March 2011
  • My ex SIS in laws dad paid $500 a month for JUST her and she was still getting child support when my SIS in law was preg at
    16. One of my friends pay 600 the other pays 700 and they both only have 1 child. An yes I get irritated when women complain he's got another baby etc etc. Meanwhile they're on #2,3 etc. Jmo
  • Sometimes you need to be the bigger person even when you know your not.wrong and make the first move. If you believe in your heart that he is worth some of your troubles and will be a good father to your child regardless of your differences I say call him girl. I ve been in your shoes. My bd wanted me to have an abortion with my son and I refused to but now he loves his boy more than anything and he may be alot of things but he is an exceptional father. We have our issues but we work thru them we are young and learning. If hes worth it CALL HIM!!!. Dont let something good go and then regret it. Good luck :)
  • I understand everyone's opinion and POV on child support. I'm just not a person who believes in it.

If I need extra help I'll do what most women who don't file for child support do. Truck it out. Everyone struggles

Not all women will get the same amount some women get only about 40 to 60 depending upon how much the guy makes. One guy got a job but he got seasonal part time job. She only get like $35 dollars out of his $100 (estimate) check. This is biweekly. It serves her right she only filed because she "heard" he cheated and dumped him. When in fact he didnt. Her jealous "friend" lied and she believed.
  • Back to the OP @SingleSexy1stTimeMom. Before you do decide to file for child support at least call him first. You never know.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe I wasn't talking to you. I didn't even see your post when I replied. I understand your opinion and POV.

Not all women who don't get child support are putting their pride first. It's ways to take care of your child without child support. Women do it all the time.
  • edited March 2011
    @FirstTimeMommyToBe: In Chicago we have WIC. You get all your baby needs for food and diapers for free up until you child is 7 or 9 or did they move it to 11. Then they take you off.

Minimum wage here is 8.50 and going up to 9 either this year or next.

There is also Section 8, where the state pays for most of your rent/mortgage. A 2bdrm could be $700 but you only pay up to $85 to $100 a month. There are cheap and very nice apartments in good areas too. Just gotta look. Where I stay is considered a good neighborhood, a 2bdrm is about $600 to $700. I found one for $500.

Also there is the Link Card (food stamps) and you could/can get up $700 in that.

Some colleges (mostly special types of community colleges) pay you for going to school if you are a mother.

Now I don't think a lot of women are putting their pride first when they have to go through some of thee above.
  • edited March 2011
  • @veevee a lot of places don't have section 8 anymore and the public housing waiting list is 3 years. And here ur not getting anywhere near $700 in food stamps with one child. But I just don't understand getting welfare when there is a guy who is just as responsible for this child as you r.
  • I personally will never do any of what I mentioned above. Well maybe WIC and I already get Link.

Where do you think the money from your bd pocket is coming from. Tax dollars go to our paychecks. No difference.

Even with child support some women still have to get government assistance especially if they are on their own and aren't getting much from the bd. Which in most case they git pregnant by a guy that is not doing anything with their lives.