Question for for mommies that have girls or are pregnant with girls..

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I am pregnant with twins due sep 20, I just got an u/s to find out the gender of my babies, baby a was confirmed to be a boy, baby b on the other hand was hiding and covering her privates with her hand most of the time, we did get a good look a few times and were able to see the 3 lines so the technician said she really thinks its a girl but didn't want to confirm it %100 cause the baby had her feet kinda crossed and she wanted them wide open, I truelly believe with all my heart that it is a girl, especially cause we were able to see my boys parts all over the place but saw nothing around the girl at all...now my question is did everybody that had or is having a girl have a hard time confirming the gender with an
U/s? Or is it cause I'm kind of early, beeing at 15 weeks? Thanks so much..

Comments

• My daughter was just like that, then would randomly open her legs really wide but when the tech got settled to see she would close them lol. Eventually after about 45 min we saw the three lines :) congratulations on your babies :)
  • It is kinda early. I'm pregnant with a girl and she was very hard to tell because her legs were together, but they finally saw the 3 lines...
  • I was 20weeks and my little girl had her legs wide open! Haha. But had a sugary drink before hand to get her to get a wriggle on lol
  • With my daughter I had a u/s at 20 wks and the doc that did mine said if she had to guess she would say girl but wasn't 100%. We had two other ultrasounds that confirmed her gender later on.
  • I had an u/s at 18 and at 22. The second was to confirm it was a girl since the first was hard to tell. It was a girl. I was almost 100% sure it was the first time bc I already have a girl and it looked the same at her u/s
  • So I'm guessing if it's hard to tell for sure that means it is a girl lol
    @myasmommy2009 thank you!! I keep hearing that girls are always shy, thats so cute lol
    @mrs_wainright the thing is we did see the 3 lines and she still didn't want 2 confirm it, I go back in 2 weeks to confirm :) thank you ladies best of luck to all of you %%-
  • Mine just was chilling there with her legs apart lol. I did drink a lot of water before hand. My SIL's daughter was hiding at first and wouldn't let them see until a couple of weeks later.
  • i was 19 weeks and i think mu U/S tech sucked... he couldnt confirm anything he looked for about a minuter and said well im not sure i think it's a girl but its just not clear and walked out of the room... yeah he sucks...
  • @kaleigh27 lol you're lucky!! I hope mine does that soon!
  • It took 3 us to find out my daughter was a girl :)
  • my ultrasound showed 3 white lines too at 22 weeks and they said they werent 100 percent sure so i have an ultrasound wednesday to confirm. with my son it was very obvious a boy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With my first two girls it took the u/s tech a little while to find out and confirm...with my last one, I had four ultra sounds and she would not open her legs to save my life! I did not know what she was until she was born...I was convinced she was a boy...cuz I wanted one so bad! Lol
  • I wanted a boy too. Ialways had dreams that it was a girl tho.. lol they were right.. @josie749 if it were me in ur situation I wud wait a little longer jus so u know for sure and be sure to drink a juice or half a can of soda about 15 minutes before the u/s so the baies nice and active for the doc. That may help.
    My girl was stretching and had her feet all they way up by her head she was folded in two. Lol it was pretty easy to tell. But when the doctor said there's a big thick... umbilical cord (lol) my fiance said "u dnt wanna double check? That cud be his penis?" Lol I laughed so hard..
  • My baby girl had her legs spread and wasn't afraid to show us. Haha (: her face is What she's usually trying to hide. Mommas little princess. <3 (;
  • Haha thats funny yea,my little girl was a pain in the ass too she kept moving but keeping her legs closed. We,finally got to see those three white lines confirming female. I think all girls are stubborn lol.
  • We saw 3 white lines with my first and shes a girl. We found out at 17 weeks. They say that's when you can find out the correct gender but some take longer. Try to go back in at 20 weeks. Unless you went to a place that they'll do gender checks. Good luck. Twins, Fun. Especially if they are boy/girl.
  • I had the amnio so that's how we found out. All my u/s she was a brat. Layin on her stomache or side. Won't turn then wen she finally does turn it was to swat at the lady. She's so cute
  • @jalem that sucks! What an a**! I'm sorry I hope you get to confirm it soon!
    @karla_with_a_k wow I hope I'm that patient :)
    @Due_in_july aww hope you get ur girl!
    @ashleyfew yay! I'm glad they confirmed it for you! @sramos26 omg its funny how stubborn they can get hopefully you will get ur boy one day :)
    @Newmommyofone lmao when it's a boy you'll definitely know ;) and yeh I'm going back for a routine u/s this thur. Maybe they can confirm, if not I can go back to the u/s studio anytime for free so thats great ast least
    @aprilbaby awww how cute wish mine was motte cooperative..
    @krazymomofadrian thats great! We saw those lines 2 I dont understand why it wasnt confirmed! :(
    @kutekitten yes, thank you I'm so exsited I can't wait!
    @firstmama looll how adorable!! oh I hope my baby doesn't stay stubborn lol
  • @Josie749 I got my boy this time around an believe me I am done! Lol 5 children is more than enough for me...
  • when I was prego with my daughter she was the same way. Had her legs close didnt want anybody to look at her private part lol n know that im prego with my son he had his legs open an we were able to comfirm his is a boy
  • I found out at 18 weeks with my first girl and with this one I was also 18 weeks but found out I was having identical twin girls so for the first 18 weeks thought I was having one baby and was hoping for a boy but love them no matter what
  • She's just being a lady, lol!! Don't wanna be the next Paris Hilton or anything.
  • My daughter always covered up but I knew she was a girl from the day I peed on the stick lol but at my 4d she finally showed and had it all out lol. Three lines
  • My girls were always little ladies and hid the business
  • I had 2 u.s & in both it was hard to tell cause she wldnt open her legs n had the cord between but we did see 3 lines too & this one time some lady told me that it was gna be a girl because she didn't us see her & for my 20 weeks us they told us it was Girl.
  • @sramos26 yay! Congrats god bleed you and your family, I know what you mean 5 is great lol I think were stopping at 3 when it's confirmed to be a girl :)
    I love all these stories, boys are proud of their package and girls are shy lol @baby_gurls congrats on your twin girls thats so adorable!! All babies are precious :) @charlotteb haha thats right, thank god lol congrats everyone!!
  • It's confirmed!! It is a girl! She had her legs wide open this time lol yay! I'm soooo exsited my lil 18 months old is going to have a sister and brother!!
  • I hate my US tech. She doesnt talk. Or look. She did all her mes. And then quickly looked. Said im 90% sure its a girl. Got no good pictures of the baby - the baby was suckin her thumb... uh take a picture! But noooo.. anyways i have another apt in two weeks because shes lazy and was sleeping the whole time - bouldnt turn to see her spine. So i hope to get a 100%
  • My god! I hate it when the u/s techs are like that! this happened to me so many times also, baby would be waving or sucking his/her thumb and no picture wth?? Anyway...hope you have better luck next time!! And hopefully you will get a different tech! %%-