Red Wine??

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Has anyone drank red wine through out their pregnancy? If so, how much?
If you don't feel comfortable posting publically, inbox me or write on my wall.

Comments

• I had a small glass of red wine the other night. Dr's say its good for u. But ask ur OB first. Mine said it was fine for me. Its helps me relax. But I have it only once a week
  • Oh and I'm 27 weeks along
  • @mzmommy1st thanks, I'm 18 weeks, I drank one glass on Friday, and now I want another one. I'm just curious how much is too much.
  • I can not stand the taste but I did have a SIP of my hubbys bud light :o
  • Me too, just the smallest sip though not enought to ingest, just enough to taste.
  • A glass once a week I think is fine, but that don't mean u pour urself a BIG glass. I have friends that drank red wine during there pregnancy and there babies r healthly. I'm talking there 9, 10 yr olds. And they r perfectly fine. But still always ask ur DR. First.
  • @mzmommy1st thatsounds about right. But my friend said the same thing when I told her I wanted some. She specified one glass and don't keep refilling it, lol. I'm like OKOK! But wine is natural. So in moderation I don't see the harm.
    @tiff87124 I am aware of the risk of alcohol, I'm just asking the question of women who have or know of someone who has consumed red wine,how much did they drink not how much is safe, etc.
  • @tiff87124 Let me tell you something, I'm about through with you *bleeps* and your hollier than though attitudes. you can focus all that attention into molding your babies into who you want them to be. Because I am a grown *bleep* woman and your wasting your energy running your face. I didn't ask for opinion, nor the risk. I asked a specific question and don't need all the extra stuff.So gtfo! Thanks hunny! Report that!
  • @jenn_929 thanks jenn! I love wine,never drank it during pregnancy before until Friday, but I'm wondering how often I can partake.
  • I think wine is fine in moderation. I even had a beer last month..guess im going to hell!
  • I went out to dinner wit hubby and had a half cups amount n I feel horrible now.this is my 5th preg n have nvr drank any alcohol while preg b4.I've been told a billion times a glass once in awhile while preg is ok.I drank 2 gulps of water for evry sip n was eatin steak,baked potatoes n fried shrimp and still felt horrible I would nvr do it again personally but I know alot of ppl that have n still do and all there babies were fine.just not for me.
  • @2girls1boy Jesus drank wine. Dontworry. The bible says nothing about not drinking wine during pregnancy. Ill put in a good word for you at the pearly gates!
    @luck7 it actually helped my nerves and helped with constipation. Downside, I was over emotional,and had a bit of heartburn. But baking soda cleared that right up. But don't force yourself.everything is not for everybody and ifyour body rejects it then that is a sign it is not for you.
  • I need all the jesus that I can get!
    The way I figure it...stress is terrible for mommy and baby. I am moving my family from new york to florida this week, transitioning to a new job, new house...new life. If a beer or glass of vino calms me down well then me and my baby will be in good shape. Besides im not throwing back shots of jose! Not that I havent missed my buddy lol
  • @2girls1boy lol. I was thinking about patron yesterday, lol. But that's taking it too far. I think we both can agree on that. But try cuma and zuma.my mom got it for me. I have a 5yo,a 2yo, my own business, and realestate. And stressful is not the word. Oh yeah, and back pains. I'm like 20 weeks or something like that, I lost track. But don't stress, also walking helps me. And biking. Imglad yourmoving to FL. I'm in cold cold MI last week it was 60 now its back downto 20. What part of FL?
  • @Boho_Chic. Yea it gave me more stress,lol.I wish I did like it but I didn't feel right.I love wine when not preg.it gives me heartburn anytime I drink it preg or not preg it gave me a lil prob bc I didn't drink that much but I was burpin the wine and shrimp out all night,I didn't not like that.I also have never had sea food while preg n I felt horrible bout that too.im a mess,lol.I honestly feel too each his own.everyone has the own choice its not mine to make or judge I can give my opinion as long as I also do it with respect.I wish I would have liked it but I really can't wait to have the baby and have a bud light:)
  • @tiff87124 I didn't turn nasty. Maybe i was nasty all along and waiting for someone like you to put your comments in where theywerent needed so I could give you a piece of my mind. You should take caution before commenting. You never know what someones disposition is. I nicely told you to get a life, and you felt the need to continue, its not my fault you don't know when to stop. If the question didn't apply to you especially a question as specific as the one I posted,next time keep it to yourself. I'm pregnant just like you, and didn't ask nor do I need you telling me something I already have been made aware of by my own OB. BTW, I have one too. Just because I'm talking about drinking wine doesn't mean I'm on welfare, nor am I seeing the backalley practitioner. I know hoe you like to get with your stereo types, I have seen your other post.
  • Oh and After babies born im def going back and finding out wht the wine was I drank it was very yummy;)
  • @luck7 I want to drink a whole bottle of wine, lol or two. Wooow I can't wait. I keep my racks full at all times. GL to you!
  • @lucky7 shirazz is a yummy dinner wine.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I could drink that much.I like wines that are very sweet and don't make u feel like ur thirsty and have to drink water afterwards.im def a beer girl.I like champagne alot too.oh my im really missing having a couple drinks right now.I don't drink alot I drink more in the summer.im due aug 10th so wont b able to this summer too much.im a bbq and hang wit family n friends n kids in back yard and have a couple drinks and good conversation n listen to some music and dance kinda girl.
  • @tiff87124 you too hunny. I'm not angry, but I won't fall victim to your limited take on life. Sorry for being a b*tch. It was personal. But now the air is clear!
  • @Isaiahnjocelynsmommy I am fine,I'm just tired of people being *bleeps* then reporting other folks for being *bleeps* back on here. And this isn't the first time with particular people.thanks for asking. How are you?
  • @boho_chic...where in MI? I was born and raised in bay city..small world

We are moving to orlando. You sound like me...i have two girls turning 3 and 5 next month. So I hear u on busy and stressful!
  • I hear that your liver will process one glass of wine before it ever reaches the placenta for any kind of absorption. Which is pretty much what @jenn_929 said. I think that most Ob's err on the side if caution bc people with past or present alcohol problems don't have livers that filter as well as those who haven't abused their livers lol.

That being said....I want a glass of wine really bad but I cant even eyeball it without getting the evil eye from my hubby! The punk never drank wine before, that was always my thing but ever since I've been pregnant he has at least one glass per night! Son of a ......:'(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I won't lie I partake in a small glass of vino once every week or two. It seems that it hits me a bit faster than before but I mostly drink it just to calm my nerves relax my back plus it let's me get a good night of deep rest too. My Dr said its ok for me but id ask before drinking and don't overdue it. There's not much research on exactly how much alcohol per day causes FAS tho. I also only drink red wine for the antioxidents and no hard liquor. I'm normally a beer drinker and have had a sip or two of my hubbys but ill stick to wine every once in awhile :) happy pregnancy ladies!
  • Ive had a few small glasses thru out pregnancy.. i love wine and love the taste, i think just having a small amount just quenches my taste for it, and the taste itself kind of helps me relieve stress. cant wait to have a full glass again :)
  • edited March 2011
    @2girls1boy I was born in st joseph,trini, raised in Det for the most part. But moved to F.H. 7years ago. I wanna move south too, or back to the islands. Bay city is colder than where I am. I know your Happy to be moving somewhere warm.
    @booface dont get in trouble, lol.
    @isaiahnjocelynsmommy I am having a boy, at first I was very nervous, but Im getting excited about the challenge, imagining how things will be different with a little man around. How about you?