birthing classes

edited March 2011 in August 2011
i am 21 weeks and my dr just arranged for me to start a 6 week birthing class. i was just wondering what to expect in those classes... have any of you gone or are going now...

Comments

• nobody???
  • I went for my first. We learned baby care, breathing, pushing, watched the dreaded birthing video, hospital tour, breastfeeding, and we got a lot of questions answered.
  • @grnfish73 thanks for replying. i am gonna be going alone because my bf works when the meetings are and im nervous im not going to be able to do it alone...
  • They are awesome for first time moms......
  • The hospital I'm birthing at offers one. I thought 6wks was a long time but I guess its the norm. They also have a weekend option but its literally ALL day Saturday and Sunday.
  • I Recommend them. We learned breathing, pain dealing tech. All different kinds of births, how to deal with everything from heart burn to sleeping problems. Answered tons of questions, and met some great people due around the same time.
  • @texasmomma even though im gonna be going alone to most/all of them.

@mommys1stbundle mine is required through my medical.. but they only have it on specific days... so im lucky i got in...
  • @kmose77 is it something i can go to alone or should i invite my mom to come...
  • You can go alone. It's funny cuz we were trying to remember the breathing during my labor and we could not. I pissed my panties we were laughing so hard. Very good class take though.
  • ooh Def. invite you mom. you could do alone but its more fun when u have someone with u.
  • @grnfish73 yeah to me it seems like something that is pointless(the breathing) i dont think anyone remembers it... and thanks
  • @grnfish73 im just worried my bf will be jealous... it seems like something that he would want to be at as the daddy...
  • Im sure he would love to go. But if he can't and ur mom could. why not? It's just for ur support not to replace him.
  • I would invite someone who is going to be in the birthing room with you. Its kinda good to have someone who knows the things to do so they can help you stay focused.
  • @texasmomma I would however my Bf works during the class...