Find out the gender or not?

At first I wanted to know the sex of the baby but now I think it would be fun to make it a surprise. My husband really wants to know but maybe we can find a way to tell family members so they know and we dont. Such a hard decision!

Comments

• Find out asap cuz then u can pick a name and its better to know right away if I could find out right now I would at 11 weeks but might be able 2 on the 5th of April so excited! How far r u? Find out asap lol
  • I questioned this as well. I decided to find out only for shopping purposes. Even tho there r very cute neutral things out there. I had a name for a boy n girl before i decided to find out so the choice is up to u. Im glad i found out im having a babygirl but i would have loved to have been surprised in the delivery room. Especially since its my first child, its so exciting
  • We have names picked out for a boy and a girl already as well and when it comes to shopping im not really that into it right now just because most of the clothes I buy will only last a short while and they have car seats, strollers, cribs etc in neutral colors has anyone waited till delivery to know the sex? Mommyof2nd I am twelve weeks so have a little while to find out if I decide to:)
  • We didn't find out w our first but did w 2nd 2...I loved not knowing (as much as I wanted to know). Hearing "its a..." is truly an amazing experience. We were planning on more than 1 so it made sense for us to buy neutral anyway-didn't want to put a boy in a pink carseat! As for buying clothes ahead of time, I don't think it matters that much-u could have a 6 lb baby or a 10 lbs baby...til u know its hard to buy clothes. My mom and I have been waiting til bg comes before buying her a lot of stuff bc we want to know it will fit. Husband has been happy w the lack of stuff we have bought! Good luck w ur decision. My opinion...don't find out w the first. I found it harder to consider not finding out after we did once and it was sooo exciting not knowing
  • I feel like everyone finds out these days. No one in my family found out even my cousin who is pregnant with her 7th. This is my first and my husband and I both decided it is going to be a surprise. Plus, if people are buying shower gifts they also tend to stick to necessities.
  • i didnt find out and this is my first. im 39 weeks with 3 days till my due date. i thought this expierence to be sooo fun! nowa days they have very cute things for either gender. im only 21 and ive really loved the mystery of not knowing:) very exciting!!!
  • One of the mommys on another discussion had the U/S tech write it and put it in an envelope and they gave to family to plan baby shower and they found out when opening the gifts. I thought that was neat... Don't think I could wait that long though! :)