First baby. And single. He is threatning me.

edited March 2011 in Single moms
I been single for the majority of my pregnancy. Its hard, but I would rather be alone than with him. He is taking me to court tomorrow over the statement I made on the restraining order. im 20 weeks.
My first half of my pregnancy has been so rough. Multiple hospital trips, him stressing me out. He is threatning to take my baby away and ill never see her again. im scared for my life and my babys cause of him. I just want the rest of my pregnancy to go smoothly, but if he is involved and dragging me to court it will b hard :(

Comments

• Court will ho in your favor unless it cab be proven you are unfit! I personally told my bd I will only deal with Jim unless he goes to court! He causes too much drama so I will let the judge straighten things out if he ever takes me. He hasn't seen his daughter in 2 Years now. Don't worry you will be fine! Good luck!
  • He is waay unfit to have a baby. Smokrs weed all day. Did ecstacy. He admitted thro texts (that I printed out) that he has tried to kill himself and he is not right in the head mentally or physically.
  • I'm only 7 weeks and I'm single and the father keeps saying he's gonna take me to court too for this baby... when he's keeps saying he doesn't want a kid... good luck with everything and courts will always be in moms favor unless there's hard evidence ur not fit to be a parent!!
  • Document everything. Good luck
  • You have nothing to worry about! Let the judge handle it you will see!
  • I got everything documented. Thank u
  • @prettyninkk there's nothing he can do to takebthat baby away from you. My fldaughters father tried to pull that same stuff. I got pregnant and told him, and he pulled the u have slept with the world stuff and was not a part of the pregnancy. He even left me to go back to his ex. He didn't officially meet her til she was 10 days old and it was just happened we were both at the same place. He went as far as (my daighters 2 now) taking her to childrens multipule times saying I'm physically and sexually abusing her. As long as ur doing everything you can for that baby he can't do a thing. Just keep hanging in there. Were all here for you. Good luck hun.
  • Thank u. He hasnt tried or.offered to help. I been doing everything on my own with help of family of coarse. Most he has done was put me thro stress, dislocate my shoulder, and threatn me
  • Trust me I've been there. All u can do is when u go to court take everything you have. If you have anything documented take it. Anytime he's called you how many times everything. If you have the paperwork from the hospital take it too. Don't stress out over it. Its not worth the risk to your health and your baby girls health. Almost every states a mother state. Unless ur doing drugs or some bs like that there's nothing that will happen. Also if he's using drugs just mention that and have him tested. Everything after that point he will be discredited for. Also courts don't loom at text messages a whole lot some bs about it could be anybody but take them just the same. Keep us posted and anytime u need to talk were all just a click away!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • its a horrible feeling
  • Well i would say keep everything...every document, texts, paperwork...and go get help and get urself together..apply for WIC, foodstamps, and housing and start moving on without him
  • Well I can tell you my boyfriends bm got his daughter taken by dhs (his mom currently has custody n we go to court in may to try for custody) his bm is unfit the house she lived in was filthy she did drugs n everything...me and my bf have done everything asked by dhs we have done drug testing since last may and she only recently started drug testing after she found out she is prego again she constantly breaks the rules and doesn't have a place to live n her boyfriend isn't allowed around my boyfriends daughter but the mother continues to try to take her over there with them and dhs still talks like she could get her back because she is the mother! Complete bs if you ask me so we are going to fight her real hard so his daughter can come with us! So my point is it takes a lot for a dad to get the child over the mother if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about!
  • Hey there, first and foremost ignore him if you weren't married he honestly has no rights at all.. my first two have never met their fathers and they are 6 and 1. I opted out of child support and did not include them on the birth cert because I would rather struggle and be happy then get a pay check and be miserable... my third is due in June her father same deal... luckily I am now dating someone I know is great and he is legally adopting them all... if u get him for child support he will try to make ur life miserable one reason I chose not too... I don't even hear from my beds because they know they would buy drugs then pay for their baby and they realize I am very far from unfit so to fight me would be a losing battle. You have nothing to worry about I went thru all of the threats with my first ones dad and then I got smart and changed my number and completely ignored that he existed. You need to keep yourself healthy and stable for that baby surround yourself with people who truly care about you and your well being.
  • Well I am far from unfit. I never and will never do drugs I'm not a drinker at all. I have a car a job a place to live till I get mt own place soon. He does drugs. Weed mostly. The parents do it with him their house is disgusting. I got sick so bad from spending one night there. They r hot tempered. They fight punch holes in walls, my xs dad shoved my exs head into a wall. Not a clean family at all
  • Sweetie just stay postive and stay clam in court but do not ever go back with him bcus he will one day hurt you badly and the courts could find out u went back with him and then they say u both are unfit parents bcus of his abusive ways n putting your child in danger. A guy like that will never change. I've been thru it. Stick with your family cos they care. Goodluck and be safe.
  • Ya I dont want anything to do with him. Court was good but crazy I had evidence they lied everytime they opened their mouth they got no where cause the judge asked me if I still wanted the restraining order. I said yes.