Baby Shower Drama...making me so MAD!!!

edited March 2011 in Baby showers
Ok so Its 3 weeks away from my baby shower and I have sent out close to 60 invitations. Im really excited to have a get together and see all my friends and family...but lately I have been feeling down.. I keep getting txt and messages on facebook from guest asking if other guest are coming that they don't get along with or guest that they just don't like. And me being pregnant and hormonal it really pisses me off!!! It just takes away the joy of my baby shower excitement..I mean people are worried about seeing this person and that person when the whole part of being invited was to be their to support ME and my unborn BABY!!! Gosh the nerve of people to come to me with questions and drama. Like I really care if your ex's new girlfriend is going or if your high school ex buddy is coming...its MY day!!!! ugh sorry I just had to vent!!! anyone have any idea or similar situation..and how do I go about it without coming off as rude??...4 people I invited are not coming because someone they don't like was invited...

Comments

• Lol,I kindof know how you feel. Except with me there are people pissed at me because I don't want them inviting certain people to my shower. And it sucks because its one person from my husbands family and one person from my family so my family and his family take it personally....and neither of the people are actually related to us! It's his step sister who he's not close to at all and my brothers girlfriend! My last shower I had at his moms house and she knew we didn't want her there but since she threw the shower she took it upon herself to invite whoever she wanted! I eint be making that mistake again! Just invite whoever you want,its your shower and whoever doesn't show up its their loss....I mean are they going to miss the babys first birthday too over something petty. I hate being around my brothers gf but for family events I suck it up and act like she's not there.
  • I would say screw them like you said its a day to help you celebrate the soon to be arrival of your baby so don't let it get you down if they wanna be childish then let them...my boyfriends sister said she is not coming because she has school (she goes to barber college and skips all the time anyways besides this time) she had the nerve to tell me that I'm selfish for having my baby shower on a Saturday when she has school and I'm inconsiderate and only think of myself! Okay well sorry but it is MY baby shower not HERs and I was thinking of other people! So just ignore the negative people you probably wouldn't want them there causing drama anyways
  • Tell them that if they can't be grown up and grow a pair just for one day then that's their look out and you don't want them there. They're the ones missing out, plus would you be happy with such a negative atmosphere on your supposedly happy day?
    Otherwise, you deny all knowledge of who will be there and when they ask say "Ummm, I don't know whose coming, sorrrrrry!" and smile.
    You don't need pathetic, childish people picking fights and arguments at a baby shower, it's playground behaviour.
    I sincerely hope you have a lovely day, despite who turns up, or who doesn't!
  • thanks ladies for the help!...next time someone ask me if so n so are going Im just going to say "I dont know,sorry" lol I just want to have a great time with my friends and family. And get a lot of presents for my little baby boy lol :)
  • I had kinda the same problem my husbands 2nd mom got mad at me and didnt come to my shower cause I wouldnt invite some neighboors that I dont even know. Just cause they knew him since he was a baby I was suppose to invite them. He wasnt at the shower so I didnt invite people I didnt know