bad acne symptom?

edited March 2011 in November 2011
I have always had very light acne and I have been horribly broken out all over my face and chest and arms and back for the last month! anyone else have this horrible symptom? and nothing is working to get rid of it. :(

Comments

• Stupid hormones. Ya I have a little on my chest and shoulders. Try neutrogena body wash
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes its because yu are horny
  • Ughhhh itss sooo annoying!! Only time that I would get acne was when I got my period! Now I'm always finding a new pimple on my darn face!! && they say "girls" break u out during pregnancy n that's BS cuz I'm having a boyy lol
  • I have it too. I've been using different face washes with no luck. It's crazy because I never had it with my first pregnancy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Finally at 26 weeks my acne is going away. Actually clearer than b4 Preg. It was really bad the first 6 months. I tried everything. Nothing helped.
  • I keep getting spots to. I don't know why the say pregnant woman glow!? The only glow on my face is the spots that pop up
  • Yeah me too :( I get very few spots but have had an outbreak the last few weeks. I'm just cleansing regularly and using face masks. Apparently the 'glow' comes from extra oil in your skin but in the first trimester it can go into overdrive and cause spots!
  • Yup! This whole pregnancy its been one here one there but yesterday morning I woke up & my left side of my face was horrible!!!! I've never had anything like that before.
  • Must Be having a girl!
  • Yes, my face used to be soo clear but once I got pregnant its not so clear anymore :( I woke up yestrday with a huge zit on my chin but its a cystic one and it hurts soooo bad!
  • I look like a pizza face
  • right side of my face is awful, never had this problem, but got one or two before period. not so much :/ nothing works either lol oh well, got the preggers excuse :)
  • I there with all of you. Pimples on my face is annoying and hopefully they wil decrease more as I progress.
  • Same here! My face is horrible!!!
  • I suggest try changing ur detergent especially for your sheets. Hope that helps
  • I ordered proactive I use twice a day along with neutragena wash for acne I'm seeing results! Only been 2days!
  • Be careful what you use, some face products aren't safe for the little one. Merle Norman sells a cream.called changing skin geared towards menopausal and pregnant women whos skin is changing cuz of hormones. Working great for me at 10 weeks, but it was like 60 bucks so I use it very sparingly. Enough expenses without buying that all the time.
  • thanks everyone, I know I'm not alone now. I've never seen a pregnant woman as nroken out as I am..I don't like going outside or taking pictures it's so bad. can it really be because of horniness also? because I have been sooo badly lately..except when in with my boy!! and thanks babyaero..where can I get that? online or a store?
  • Ohh I have it on my chin, chest, back, neck and the back of my arms.. ew. I orded a simple acne medication from mary kay.. and it's helped insanely!
  • Me too and I never break out. Be careful using a bunch of different products because that couldb break u out even more. Try using neutrogena or something with salicyluic acid to dry out your skin and use toner/astringent after.
  • My chin is horrible and they are the really huge ones with nothing in the center but oil and grease. I have to girls already and my skin was fantastic. I have acne anyway around my cycle n stuff but not with my girls. They cleared it right up. Also with this one not only is my chin the new hang out spot for zits r us but my hair is horribly dry and brittle and falling out. I was hoping this second trimester would fix it all but nooooooooo. Ugh
  • Be very careful what you use. No salicylic acid or retinols. I work at sephora and there are a few all natural/less harsh remedies. We give you samples which has been very helpful lol even I dont want/need to buy a bunch of new skincare. If theres a sephora near you, we'll take care of you :)
  • I have like genetic acne. I have it horribly on my face back and chest. I find it annoying. My mother still has it and she's 43 so I know it's just something I have to deal with. I use about 6 different types of wash because one will work one week and the next not. So I have to switch it up. Recently my dr noticed and actually told me that she could get me an app with a dermatologist. I was like yea sure if insurance will pay for it I'm game lol.

It has gotten worse with the hormones but on a normal basis it isn't to terrible. Although I still feel like a teenager cause of it lol.
  • I had them really bad with my son, with this one I have had light breakouts. Starting to go away. Fingers crossed it disappears soon. Makes me feel like I'm 16 again lol
  • @nmartinez79 my book says not to use salycic acid while preggo so i stopped using my nuetrogena.. it says it gets into ur bloodstream. i been using cetaphil with a toner..
  • try using cetaphil soap. i use it for my face because i haven't broken out anywhere else but i like it.. its gentle
  • My back is HORRIBLE...and soo itchy. My hubby refuses to scratch my back because he says its gross. I've never had bacne in my life....my shoulders and chest are also breaking out, but no where near as bad. My face seems to be ok though. BTW, I'm having a boy.