how much weight did u gain w ur first n hiw long did it take to lose it?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I'm almost at 32 pounds with a while month to go :( the Dr keeps telling me I'm gaining too much and I'm afraid I wont get back down to my pre preggo body :/

Comments

• My first 60 lbs...it was hard..
    This one trying to stay n the 20's
  • I gained 50lbs with my first and it took about a year to lose it with excerise and only drinkin water. I swore id never do that again. Im preg with number 3
  • my first gained 63 lbs and lost 40 before I left the hospital 4 hours after he was born and lost the rest in the following 2 weeks. my second gained about 40lbs and lost most of it in the first 2 weeks still hanging on to about 10 of it but don't mind just maybe I will loose it after this one
  • I gained 40 with my first lost it all un 3 months...lost 20 with my 2nd and kept loosing after I had him was so nice lost 50 all together...gained 40 back with my 3rd kept it on and now I have lost 5 with my 4th...rollercoster lol
  • My first I gained 25-30 and lost it in two weeks.
  • With my first I gained 80!!!! I was 20lbs shy of pre pregnancy weight 4 months after when I unexpectantly got pregnant again, had a miscarriage :( gained like 50 back, lost 15 and im now 30 weeks pregnant. I've only gained 7lbs this time around. If you walk and eat right afterwards, its not hard at all to get it to come off hun :)
  • 5 pounds my last month because I retained water...Lost 25 pounds throughout the first 8 months...
  • 5 pounds my last month because I retained water...Lost 25 pounds throughout the first 8 months...
  • My first I was 140 to start with and after I had my first I was almost 300 ,i ate cake everyday tho,,,,,, took a year to get rid of....5 years later 129 to start with and ive already gained 20lbs,,,,and im 25weeks &no cake lol... Im tryin to not eat junk cus with having a boy this time im wide all over and I feel so bad
  • I gained 15 with my first and lost it in a month or two breastfeeding really helped me loose the weight with all of mine
  • I gained 24lbs first time lost it plus an extra 5lbs in less than a month and like @sdubois I was also breastfeeding
  • My first gained 25 n lost it in 2 weeks
  • @jpmommy just curious but how is that possible? Losing 40 lbs only 4 hrs after the baby was born!? Thats insane. And how come they let you leave 4 hrs after?
  • Ive already gained 35lbs & im 35wks im so worried abt not being able to lose it but im going to breast feed & start walking/jogging as soon as im able after pregnancy atleast I will have my baby right at summer so alot of sweating yipee
  • @BabyLuv8 I had alot of water the placenta was huge baby was 8lbs 5oz lol and got to leave 4 hours post partum because I had midwives
  • with my first baby i gained 35lbs...and lost 25lbs within 6months. With this one it might b the same...im on the right track
  • 65lbs, took a little over a year to lose it.
  • First: 15 lbs. Second: 21 lbs
    I breast feed. Both time and lost the weight like in three week plus my boys were 8 & 9 lbs. Plus I was 19 and 21. Now. I'm 21 week and already gain 8 lbs and. 28 years old , I don't know how things area gonna go. Pray for me! Lmao. :D
  • Thanks ladies :) I'm feeling optimistic about losing my baby weight now. Wont be in time for bikini season but oh well.
  • I gained 60 pounds with my first! I was so big but I lost 40 by my 1 week checkup and a few months later lost all but 10 pounds. This time I am scared I am going to gain more!
  • I gained 29 lbs with my first and had lost 17 the day after he was born...he was only 5 lbs 9oz. It took me about a year to lose the rest because depression took over and the depo shot dint make it any easier