I'm breaking up with my doctor...

I have an appt with her tomorrow and I'm planning to tell her we've decided to chose another ob/gyn. ONLY because we hate the hospital where she delivers at. I know many patients do this BUT I can't help but feel bad to tell her I've chosen another doctor. I don't want her to feel like I don't like her because I really do! I wish I could stay with her but I HATE her hospital. What would you guys say to her?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Tell her then explain to her why you don't like her hospital & why you chose the other doctor & hospital. Good Luck
  • @Natalie I know I need to tell her why, I just don't want to hurt her feelings :(
  • Maybe you could get your doctor a little gift. Like a card
  • @Brian: Thats a REALLY good idea, love it! Thank you...will pick one up on the way to my appt tomorrow.
  • Your welcome
  • the hospital is your home for a few days. People are taking care of you and your baby. You need to be somewhere you like. I deliver at a birthing center an hour away from my house, but love it there and feel comfy
  • If you feel bad, just do what I did. Ask your new doc to fax your old/current doc a request for medical records. This way, you don't have to worry about hurting her feelings or anything, and you don't have to give any explinations. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Know how you feel I Love my gynecologist but I hate repeat hate the people in the front so they're rudeness and lack of customer service pushed me away now I'm looking for a new doctor..I hate it but I would also hate to be hopping over the counter ready to drag one of those ladies