1st appointment tomorrow!!!

edited March 2011 in December 2011
So...I was able to get my primary doctor to order some basic blood test for me...I got my blood taken today and they are faxing me the results early tomorrow morning. This is because....tomorrow is my 1st prenatal appointment!! I had heard stories of some doctors basically just asking questions and sending you off for blood work so I wanted to be a head of the game! :)

Anyways...wish me luck tomorrow at 245 is my appointment and I am very anxious...My husband will be going with me but there are just so many unknowns since I am a first time mom. I just can't wait for a doctor to tell me I am pregnant because it still doesn't seem real! Thanks for letting me de-stress!!!

I will update everyone tomorrow afternoon on how everything goes :)

Comments

• Also any suggestions on questions I should ask?
  • The first is the longest. Have you decided if you're going to do all the testing? This is usually where I tell them the only test I want is a 2 trimester ultrasound. I found the tearing to be stressful with my son and wanted a laid back pregnancy. My daughter is healthy. :) I can't think of anything else. Just have fun.
  • This appointment is basically with the nurse and not the doctor. They will get your height, weight, blood pressure, and urine. You will get tons of information to take home about pregnancy. Then they will ask for you and your partners family history of certain diseases and set up your prenatal vitamins if you already haven't. Then you will be set up with your first prenatal appointment with the actual doctor and possibly an early ultrasound. With your first prenatal visit you will be getting weight, urine, and blood pressure (routine at every appointment until baby is born) tons of blood work and a pap. You will also possibly be able to hear baby's heartbeat at that time and express any concerns you have with your actual doctor at that time. :) then expect appointments every 4 weeks until closer to 30 weeks then every 2 weeks until 34-36 weeks and every week until delivery :) best of luck hun and congrats!
  • Thanks everyone so much! First appointment went well....ill be 5 weeks tomorrow and going for my first ultrasound on Tuesday!
  • Make a list of questions you want to ask. People tend to forget alot when they are sitting there with the doctor. :)
  • Just got BFP on 30th and called dr today to set up appt. Not going in till May 13th, is that normal to wait that long for any appt? This is my first time so I have no clue and we aren't telling ppl yet so I can't ask family. Help!
  • Most doctors won't see you until 8 or 9 weeks. I had my first appointment at 9 weeks. So I spent 5 weeks wondering if it was even real! But it was worth the wait when I saw my nuggget for the first time and heard the heartbeat.
  • @mollybygolly I'll be almost ten weeks at my first appt, and just want someone else to tell me it's real. But I should be able to hear the heartbeat do it will be worth it.