Is anybody having their showers after the fact?

edited March 2011 in April 2011
I'm due April 12 and I am having my shower on May 14. Is anybody else doing this?

Comments

• I will be having one before and my church will be giving me one after the baby gets here
  • For my second I had a Welcome Baby party. It was really nice and everybody got to meet him.
  • I am. I think that it would be better. Just in case the doctors have the gender wrong. I like the Welcome Baby party to.
  • We have that too. My family don't believe its bad luck. So we do it a month after to celebrate life. It has to be a month because of course you don't want so many people touching on your newborn
  • Thats what we decided on. That and a,lot of my friends won't see the baby this summer due to traveling and college stuff. Plus we like to play pass the baby lol.
  • I am too. My family lives in R.I. So traveling there in summer after he is born. I'm thinking 3 to 6mo clothing, diapers ect I'm buying everything for a newborn.
  • I'm leaning that way. :) I'm in AZ and baby is due September 23 rd. I really want the shower outside but it's like 110°s outside until then.