dr hasnt checked me since i was 19 weeks!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So I'm carrying this baby super low. anyone that sees me says something. But utterly doesn't phase my Dr at all and hasn't checked me to see if I dilated. This is my 2nd I'm 32 weeks and haven't been checked since I was 19 weeks. Is this odd to anyone else?

Comments

• I am going through the same thing and just.went to the dr today im 32 weeks and hadnt been checked since I was 11 weeks I have been carrying super low as well even had some pressure this past week I finally asked to be checked today to be told i wasnt dialated or amything but that she could feel her head?? Try askin ur dr to check u
  • No. Your second will always make you seem like you are having more pressure, etc. But your doctor shouldn't ever check you every appointment until you get to 35+ weeks. If your doctor checked you every appointment before then, it would be odd. If they check you too much, that can cause infections hun, so its better you aren't checked. If you feel like something is seriously wrong, bring it up to your doctor, but it is very normal to be feeling more pressure and earlier with subsequent pregnancies. :)
  • I didn't get checked until 38 weeks. This is my second.
  • This is my 5th baby and I was checked at my first appt. I was checked again at 35 weeks and now I'm 37 weeks and didn't get checked at this appt. Doc said he would check me at 38 weeks to see if I was dialated anymore since I was dialated to a 1 at 35 weeks.
  • Thank y'all so much. Its s relief to know! I can't wait till this lil one is out in 8 weeks!
  • Oh wow that's no good! Did she have the baby early? @tiff87124
  • You don't get checked until 35 or so weeks unless there's a reason for him to do it
  • Oh ok good to know guys. Was getting worried! Lol