do u get anotger ultrasound inthe third trimester??

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
.... I did with my first and I hope I get one? Does anyone know? . ..

Comments

• It varies on the doctor, but most will to check fluid levels and baby's position. It will be closer to 36 weeks :)
  • I just did my 20 wk one and they gave me an apt for the 30wk one and they said that would be my last one.
  • I will but.only because my baby keeps measuring two wks ahead of schedule
  • Aww... I want another so bad! Haven't seen her in 10+ weeks!:(
  • My doctor always does one in the 3rd trimester
  • @jessicals200 you didnt a 20wk us?
  • My drs don't, the last one is 20 weeks unless there is a reason to do more. I am having 1 weekly due to gestational diabetes.
  • My Dr usually didn't but with my daughter, i had border line gestational diabeties and wanted to see how big she was getting so I got one at 36 weeks. I'm sure if you request one they will. Or just say you've been having discomfort down there and they may want to check the size. Good luck
  • @grnfish73 .... yeah I did at 22 wks. I'm now 32 wks! I just wanna see her again. :)
  • @oavalos06 ....thanks I am having tons of pressure so ill ask! I'm getting so bored and hurt! Please time go by fast!
  • yea it varies with your Doc and your insurance as well. With me since I'm getting another c section they will b monitoring me and the baby more this time, with more visits to the Docs and more ultrasounds. But usually everyone gets 2 ultrasounds...one for the due date and second for the sex and 3D. Great luck to u sweetie :)
  • Didn't get a 3rd trimester u/s until I went a week overdue and then they checked to make sure she is doing ok in there
  • I did to get an estimate on the size of baby
  • yeah, i had the same thing. could barely get out of bed and it hurt to sit. Just tell them you're having pain and are worried so that insurance problems don't arrise. They usually don't cover ultrasounds for your pleasure.
  • It depends on ur doctr, ur insurance & ur pregncy. I get 2 get it dne cuz im high risk plus I hve placenta previa so my doctr requestd dat I hve it so my insurance has 2 honor it.