People's opinions on naming YOUR baby!!?!!

edited March 2011 in Baby names
Ok so my husband & I have the the name that we're going to name our baby girl. He already calls her by her name when he talks to my belly. Okay the problem is when people(his fam) ask us what we're naming her & when we tell them they ask "Why are u naming her that?" while clearly showing thier dislike in the name then begin to tell us what "THEY" think we should name her or how they know some1 by that name that they don't like. Seriously how do you nicely tell some1 to f**k off? It's starting to get 2 the point where I don't even want to go around them.

Comments

• i say just tell them that its not their decision! i would. i dont bite my tongue ever.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What is the name?
  • U carry it, u birth it, u name it! My bf gets no say so in the name bc I dang well live by that rule!
  • I hve had sum family do dat 2 me wen I tell dem wat im namn MY daughter...I simply say if yu wnt her 2 b named sumen otha than wat we decided then go get preggo & nme ur own damn bby :)
  • Yeah no one likes the names I picked out for a girl. Its between adalyn and veda. My mom wants avery. Just do what they do and make a face and say "WHY would I name her THAT?! "
  • I have had the same problem in previous pregnancies. Now this 1 I am not telling until aftet we anounce we've had the baby. It does not matter ehat name u pick some1 will aleays have somethin to say. I ignored ppl n still named my kids as planned. Guess what no 1 say anything now they just get used to it
  • @Mommie_McAtee Yea i was tryning to be nice about but im to that point of telling them that lol @FirstTimeMommyToBe Exact none of them have suggested a better name like his sister suggested "Rigoberta" seriously wtf? lol @mamikailee It's Lilliaña
  • @Mamichulaxvida pronounced like lilly-anya? I think thats pretty i like esperanza but its really common
  • That's a beautiful name. Tell them to blow off and don't bring it up or you don't have to bring yourself around. I haven't seen my inlaws in months because of something they said about me. Their loss not mine idc!
  • @mamikailee YEAH lilli-ana asi.. i like esperanza too! @ghettobetty Thanks! @FirstTimeMommyToBe "Rigoberta" is just plain ugly lmaoo i was like umm NO! But Hortencia is fine too that's my sitters name. But i'm really going for Lilliana Rosalie..just not sure bout the middle name yet.
  • my friend / Doula / business partner gave me a stink face when i told her my boy name... I almost decked her... just cuz her sons name is super common... UGH I happen to love Alexzander Jaxon.... damn it!
  • @MommyAgain TFF lmaoo i can imagine
  • Tell them to bug off. Luckily all I had to do to appease my sons dad's family was add a catholic middle name in there. So he has 2 middle names, lol!
  • I understand..I don't know what I'm having yet but for my name boy:zeke thomas and girl: aynslee bree and none of my husbands family likes them..they were like ur kidding right..I was pissed!!
  • I love that name! We wont find out if its a boy or a girl for a while yet but our boy name is Emerson James and girl name is Brooklyne Izabel :)