Just diagnosed with PCOS... now what?!

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
Anyone else ttc with PCOS? Any info would greatly be appreciated. I am terrified now that it will never happen for my husband and I. :(

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was diagnosed when I was 16... Im now 24... My husband and I have been ttc for 3 years, but not with any medical help. until now.... Your first step is going to be metformin, or clomid. your doctor will try you on a few different medications. Shed gonna tell you to go on a diet, if your over weight.... Cut out 99% of your carbs.. women with PCOS hold on to carbs, and dont diegest them properly. I have lost 13 lbs in 13 days, from watching my carb intake! Youll be surprised how many carbs are actually in some of the foods. For a 2000 cal diet a day the average women should only be intaking, 600 carbs! Drink pleanty of water and start taking prenatals... When your DR starts you on metformin, get an Ovulation predictor, and either a note book to track your ovulation or a dry erase board... If you keep track of your ovulation it will make things soo much easier. and Good luck with ttc! :-D
  • Thank you ladies so much! That really makes me feel better. I am 25 and I have been having issues with pelvic pain for a little over a year now and just now figured out that its pcos. I had been on birth control up until mid january and had not had a period since november. My husband and I have recently decided to ttc and then finding this out I cried all day yesterday.
  • conception with PCOS isnt impossible, just makes you fight a little harder.. My last AF was nov.2010 the one before that was Sept 2009.... and frankly i dont think i can remember the one before then.... lol...
  • Thank you ladies so much! I feel so much better knowing there are options.
  • @gatorbob I have been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms and other weird symptoms too and reading about pcos really explains a lot of them. I never would have thought about the rapid hair growth and stuff being symptoms! My friends were always jealous about how fast my hair grows out, but I don't think they realized that the hair everywhere else grows that fast too!
  • Hi wats pcos
  • Sweetie I am sorry to hear that! Keep your head up! I had an endometrial biopsy done last week and got a call back and I have abnormalities in my uterus. He said that I am in stage one and stage three is cancer so its great that they caught it. Hubby and I have been ttc for 18 months now and I have taken 1 round of clomid at 50 mg and 1 round of clomid at 100 mg and bc of the abnormalities it did no good :( I am now on Metformin (2 pills twice daily) and Mege (1pill 4 times daily) prior to clomid I was put on bc to help regulate me and "Kickstart" my system.........this was the worst thing they could have ever done to me in my opinion! I started the bc around Thanksgiving or beginning of Dec.....on Dec 20 I started a very heavy af out of the blue no cramps and no warning this continued for several days and then it became ridiculous! I was in the bathroom every 30 min or so and somedays the cramps and overall pain were so unbearable I could not go to work and could barely get out of bed to even go to the bathroom. Jan 2, I was freezing and felt sooo sick, my dad who is an EMT, told hubby and mom that I should go to the ER bc my body was trying to go into shock. The ER didn't really help and put me through pain! This turned out to be the worst month of my life and there was NOTHING anyone could do. The dr was baffled to what was happening and then once it lined out then they started me on clomid..... but no success of ovulating even on 100 mg :( I thought having the biopsy was very painful but definetly worth the pain to know what the heck is going on. Good luck sweetie and keep us posted! Sticky baby dust your way!