Shots?

edited March 2011 in October 2011
I'm taking heparin injections twice a day due to a blood clotting disorder. Anybody else? I had to take shots last time too. It's not so bad when you get used to it. No worse than having to swallow those ginormous prenatal vitamins. Just wondered if there was anyone here to commiserate with.

Comments

• I take heparin. 3 times a day 10,000 units at a time. I just switched off the lovenox to this. Not really sure if I like it. I have big red spots on my stomach and it itches like crazy.
  • I'm on 5000 units twice a day. Also just switched from lovenox. I like heparin better. Lovenox used 27 gauge needles. With heparin I can use 31 gauge and barely feel it. So much better!
  • I do love the smaller needles. Doesn't hurt as bad but I just don't like the reddness and itching. I talked to my doc today and he broke it up into the 3 times a day and to check a CBC and PT INR tomorrow. What do you take the thinner for? Mine is for a pulmonary embolism that I had before I got pregnant. Gotta love it. Lol.
  • I have prothrombin factor 2 and MTHFR. We did a lot of testing after 3 miscarriages. I was glad to get a diagnosis for something treatable.
  • Well atleast they got you on something so you can have a bundle of joy. The things mothers have to do through just to have a baby. Lol. Well worrth it tho.
  • It's so worth it. The shots are a minor inconvenience. It's the 3rd trimester I'm dreading. Last time I ended up with everything I googled. I don't look things up anymore, lol.
  • Yeah I try to stay away from looking up things cause I worry abt everything. I also work in the medical field so I know way to much about what could go wrong. Lol. I'm just glad that this is my last baby and then I don't have to worry as much about things and I can just sit back and raise my children.
  • Same here. At the very least, tying the tubes after this one. Our family is complete.
  • LOL. Me too