Anyone trying to conceive and not married??

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
I am 23, I am in a relationship but marriage is far from my mind. I havent got AF yet but I went to the doctor anyway yesterday for my annual physical and when I told her I was ttc she looked at me like I was crazy!! She didnt say anything but when I was leaving she tld me to practice safe sex!! LoL I havent been to a doc since my ectopic in 2009 ( I know, I now, thts a very long time) but if AF does show up I would like to make sure tht I am still able to conceive with no prob.

And at my appt. she said I may have cysts in my breasts so I have to schedule a u/s for tht, has anyone else had this b4??

Comments

• I've got a child with my bf and where ttc our 2nd and marrige isent on our list just yet so don't worry about that and gl with ttc hun :) can't help on the 2nd bit though I'm affraid but hope everything works out ok xx
  • U maybe wanna find a new doc cause that one sounds rude. Its not really her buisness if ur married or not ttc. Good luck hun. i hope ur u/s goes well for ur breasts.
  • edited March 2011
    Thank you @georgias_mummy GL to u also!!
  • @mommyof3girls I was thinking it was rude also but my BF thought I was overreacting... Thank you!!
  • I'm ttc with my 2nd we rnt married but r engaged I dnt think its important tho x
  • edited April 2011
    whos married when there having babies these days! lol who cares.. its just a peice of paper... my bf and I were trying before we were married I did get preggo, he actually asked me to marry him 1mo. before I found out I was preggo. married now trying for second. I did get alot of rude family members say "oh ur preggo u better go get married before that baby comes!" there just dumb..haha sorry for ranting a little...
  • My bf and I planned our baby and unfortunately we can't get married anytime soon but he also likes to not rush it and we are planning on staying together for the rest of our lives. Now days less people get married. Screw what the doc says.

Now cysts, I would honestly wait to conceive till u know its nothing serious cause with pregnancy u can't have certain things done and plus u don't want to put the baby at risk. I wish u the best and u will get that bundle of joy :)
  • ME AND MY BF TRIED TO GET PREGNANT THIS IS OUR SECOND CHILD WE ARE Not married bc I am not ready we have been engaged for two years but now we have kinda split bc of bad decisions he made we are trying to wrk it out but the good thing is I'm not Married! So I say go for it what is that paper anyway problems can happen w or wo that paper its j hard to get out of it with
  • I don't think you need to be married to have kids just committed.I have 3 kids with my ex with the first we weren't married but with 2 and 3 we were. At that time marriage meant something to me,i thought it was forever, however he still left me so now marriage doesn't mean much to me its kinda pointless in my eyes now. I am now with my current boyfriend for 4 years and we are having our 2nd child together and not planning a wedding. We live together so we are both here for the kids.
  • Thanx ladies... and congrats on ur babies!!