preterm labor?

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm 18-20 weeks under a lot of physical and emotional demands.my baby has been extra low, I have been having back aches, contractions on and off, headaches, rectum pressure, cramping, and mucossy discharge(like egg yolk), not the entire plug though. And extra low blood pressure 90/58.Anyone who experienced it, what were your signs and symptoms?

Comments

• @boho_chic I was just released from the labour and delivery last night due to pre term.my pressure was a bit high.I'm 23.5 weeks.but I had and am still having a lot of pressure back ache and head ache & my baby boyisvery low (feels like if I walk too fast he'll fall out) are you under a lot of stress? Have you gone to the dr?
  • edited March 2011
    Also had 2-3 min apart contractions
  • @Stevkam0911 A lot of stress. I had an amnio done Tuesday by genetics doc, and they didn't say anything was wrong. Though I never mentioned anything myself. I hate my ob, he down plays everything that really concerns me. I'm tryna wait it out and see if it subsides. Did they give you anything to counteract labor? What did they say was the cause? How did your contractions feel? Mine start at the topand radiate to my pelvis.
  • Mine are not regular either. Some are dull. They get to about a 4 I would say. I never had this happen before.
  • This if my second preg so I knew out was labour.i had problems with my firstborn dr so I switched asap.you have to do what's best for you and baby.my contractions felt just like that.they had me drink tons of water but it didn't help so they gave me meds through iv.if you r feeling that way them please go to er.and please let me know if everything is okay, cuz this is serious.when r u due?
  • @stevkam0911 Also did feel the urge to evacuate your bowels more frequently? I'm due like aug18th, 3rd, or 27th. My doc gave me 3dates. I'm just as confused about it as anyone who may read this. So I'm planning for a july baby to be on the safe side. I'm gonna go to er tonight, I'm tryna wait a few more hours I'm thinking maybe their just braxton hicks, but I never had those before so don't know what they feel like.
  • @boho_chic um yea maybe you should switch drs lol.thats what they told me not to do was wait esp if you have been feeling this for a while.esp if you mucos plug came out.fyi braxton hicks arenot reg.but try not too stress not good for the baby B-)
  • @tiff87124 I used to be an er nurse so instinctively I think I should go there,lol. But even with the baby only being 10oz is that even heavy enough to dialate your cervix? I'm not exactly sure how that process works.
  • They will automatically send you to labour & delivery if you explain what's going on.
  • @stevkam0911 my plug didn't comeout, just mucoussy discharge unusual discharge. I havent been having sex, infection risk are low. Maybe I'm underreacting, trying to be positive, but let me go to the labor and delivery and see what they say.
  • @boho_chic okay just update when you can.
  • @stevkam0911 did you still feel your baby moving? Though you weredialated?
  • @boho_chic yea I still felt him but that wasnt preterm labor.i had that yesterday but still felt baby move
  • Definitely go to the hospital. I had amnio done at 20 weeks, and the told me if I had any symptoms such as labor to go straight to er. It could be a reaction to the amino.. good luck..
  • edited April 2011
    @stevkam0911 I went to labor and delivery and ieverything was ok. I was having contractions. My cervix was still closed. I had a UTI causing my abdominal discomfort. Thanks for bwing concerned.
  • Baby was perfectly fine.
  • Okay great L-)
  • Wow I was goin thru the same stuff last night....mucas discharge, low back ache, contractions that were often but not regular, pelvic pressure and pains in vaginal area....I'm only 28 weeks but really thought I was going into preterm labor....now I just have a back ache and head ache but no contractions today...hmmmm just did my 3 hr glucose test today...if it happens again I'm callin my doc asap! Hope the best for all of yawll!
  • @luvMyson glad your feeling better.