military girlfriends!

edited March 2011 in Military moms
Are there any girlfriends that belong to any of our beloved service members out there that have any information about the involvement of tricare and DEERS? I have heard many different things about their involvement in a non dependant/service members pregnancy... I am.prior service myself but do not receive any benefits so we need to know soon if we Just need to get with Medicaid.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im a military wife so im not entirely sure, but I don't think you would be covered under Tricare. My advice would be just go with Medicaid. It can be a real pain trying to get anything worked out quickly and correctly with the military, so if you need to figure out something fast I would recommend going the non military direction. Hope this helps! :)
  • @soontobemommy it does help we were just hoping to be able to have the military be involved mainly because there is the worry that they wont let him be as involved in the pregnancy because we are Not married but we will get through it thank You for your help its nice to hear from.other military mommy's!
  • I understand your concern. I hope you get everything figured out soon! What branch is your boyfriend? My husband is Army
  • edited March 2011
    @soontobemommy He is army too MP I am very supportive and have stayed as involved as I can without being married... he just transferred to a new unit where his chain Of command doesn't know either one Oh us too well so it worries us
  • I'm a navywife and am unsure about benefits for girlfriends..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My bf OS air force because we r not married I am not covered at all by tricare the baby is after they do dna test it really sucks I feel like they should cover the.delivery of his baby
  • Is sorry
  • @jstnshrt it does suck how far along are you and do they cover the cost of the DNA test?
  • I'm 8wks four days and you have to pay for dna test out of pocket to get it done on base here its five hundred and its.just a mouth swab not blood its more for them to do blood test I'm going to try and find a cheaper place off base if u aren't married they make it difficult for instance if he gets deployed and is gone around my due date they will not send him back in time for birth he will miss it they try with married couples more

• Then again I may just have them draw blood from baby while I'm pregnant and do.test.because what if baby needs to go into incubator or whatever makes me nervous cuz my insurance expires two months before I'm do
  • @jstnshrt no bueno we are better off biting the bullet and getting married... we already have kids on the way with these boys so why not... where are You stationed and what does he do?
  • They will only cover the baby once its born and not you at all unless ur married :(
  • edited March 2011
    Booooo .... thank you to all you ladies for Your help!
  • Well he is trying to commission and fly we are little rock air.force base we have decided to wait till he commissions well I would rather get married but he isn't ready yet and I don't want to grove him and have him resent me this baby was.unplanned.although we are thrilled I would recommend getting married as.long as you.u both agree and u won't resent each other in the.long run it will be better for yall financialy and you will have insurance plus if he gets stationed somewhere else you and baby can go if my bf gets stationed somewhere ill have to decide wat to do
  • Thank you @gatorbob you are very knowledgeable there are always loopholes in the military you must be a currant/prior. Member to know that LOL
  • edited March 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob there You go.... thank you for your support! It means a lot
  • Thank you very much we love it I was processing back in when we found out the big news but that will just have to wait a little bit
  • I think So too... we were both told individually That we were never going to be able to have kids.. this was a true SURPRISE LOL not practicing safe sex when you know you are fertal doesn't count as a surprise
  • Congrats to you too we are both stories of true surprises... I never planned on bringing a child.onto the earth out of wedlock but I feel like I can make an execption seeing as how this could be a one time only sale LOL